Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cura calibration and setup

Posted by stuart576 
Cura calibration and setup
March 04, 2015 07:12PM
So I decided to try out Cura, I have been using Slic3r up until now. I wanted better support generation for my prints so I thought I'd give Cura a try.

I have managed to get all the settings sorted (copied from Slic3r) except extrusion. Now initially it was trying to extrude super fast. I fixed this with adding M82 to my start gcode, great! Now the problem is that it is under extruding, barely extruding at all. The Extruder Motor seems to do barely any extruding and normal retraction, also it is doing it in short bursts. I haven't set the 'E-Steps per 1mm filament', that is left at 0 which will apparently use the setting on my firmware?

What am I missing? I have attached my Cura profile if that helps.
Attachments:
open | download - ormerod-cura-profile.ini (10.1 KB)
Re: Cura calibration and setup
March 04, 2015 07:26PM
From your configuration I could see you're using a 0.3mm nozzle. Is this really true? Our Ormerods are usually shipped with 0.5mm nozzles...
March 04, 2015 08:16PM
Yes, I have changed the nozzle to 0.3mm (I am currently printing fairly detailed pieces), this works great for me in Slic3r.
March 04, 2015 08:24PM
And do you have that "EAtoR" plugin disabled now that you've switched to absolute extruder positions?
March 04, 2015 09:53PM
Yes that's right, am I correct in my understanding that you either use the EAtoR plugin or set M82 in your start gcode?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login