error message
March 11, 2015 09:34AM
I have this error message
"Attempting to extrude with no tool selected"
what do i do?
thanks
Re: error message
March 11, 2015 09:51AM
Your start code in your slic3r needs to specify which extruder to use, you could put it in your config.g file, but It's a better practice to put in in the start code. I know it's kinda weird if you only have 1 extruder, but since the software supports more, that's what it's expecting.

In your start code add a line.
T1 ; Select Tool (Extruder) 1

I might be wrong thinking that it's tool 1, it might be tool 0...... Might depend if your using stock firmware or the DC42 firmware
So if you still get the error, or get an error about that tool not existing, just change the above to T0

if your trying to do something in pronterface, you can just send the printer the T1 command

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 09:53AM by shadow651.
March 12, 2015 08:10AM
You might also want to take a look at this thread.

[forums.reprap.org]

I guess RRP firmware did use T1, but has now or will soon change over to T0 for the first extruder.... I'm still not sure what DC42's uses, but I'd imagine it'll change to T0 soon if it's not already. You might have gotten some combination of files/firmware from either side of the changeover
March 12, 2015 08:49AM
shadow651
You might also want to take a look at this thread.

[forums.reprap.org]

I guess RRP firmware did use T1, but has now or will soon change over to T0 for the first extruder.... I'm still not sure what DC42's uses, but I'd imagine it'll change to T0 soon if it's not already. You might have gotten some combination of files/firmware from either side of the changeover

IIUC they all used to use T0 but changed to use T1.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login