Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 1.00q-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New firmware 1.00q-dc42
March 19, 2015 03:45PM
I have just released version 1.00q of my fork of RepRapFirmware at [github.com]. The main change in this release is the implementation of motor idle hold. The stepper motor current is reduced to a holding value under the following circumstances:

* When the M0 command is received. Previously, the M0 command left the motors enabled at full current. The M1 command turns off the motors completely (and sets them to "not homed") as before.

* When there have been no motor movements for 30 seconds and the printer state is not Paused. I may make this timeout configurable in a future release.

The holding current defaults to 30% of the configured motor current. This is sufficient to prevent unwanted motor movement in my experience, provided you do not push the bed or the X-carriage too hard! You can change the holding current using the I parameter in the M906 command, for example M906 I40 will set the holding current to 40% of the active value. The current is automatically restored to normal when you move the motor again.

Also implemented in this release is a modification for zombiepantlol's forthcoming new web interface, to support the tool numbering change more easily. I have not yet changed the tool numbers in the sample config.g files I provide, pending the availability of this new version of the web interface.

A full (hopefully!) list of differences between 1.00o-dc42 and RRP 0.78c can be found at [github.com].

If you are upgrading from a firmware version prior to my 1.00 series, please note the following:

1. If you have an Ormerod 1 and you keep your existing config.g file, you need to add this command to config.g:

M574 X0 Y2 Z0 S1

This tells the firmware that the Y endstop is at then high end. You also need to either reverse the X motor connector (so that the colours are in the same order as the other motors connectors, as on Ormerod 2), or add command M569 P0 S1 to config.g (to tell the firmware that the X motor moves in the opposite direction).

2. If you want to use simultaneous X and Y homing, then you must use my homeall.g file and ensure that you have set up the axis positive and negative limits using M208 commands in config.g.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login