Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod 2 Firmware Upgrade

Posted by Europa 
Ormerod 2 Firmware Upgrade
March 31, 2015 05:09AM
Gentlemen,
I want to update my firmware.

I run a MAC with the latest OS, The Arduino app for MAC does NOT have bossac anywhere in the package contents.
There is a graphical rather than command line Arduino app called Bossa, will I be able to flash the firmware with it?

If not does anyone have a suggestion as to how else it can be done?

Regards,

Brian
Re: Ormerod 2 Firmware Upgrade
March 31, 2015 06:44AM
You should be able to use Bossa to flash the firmware, provided it recognises the Bossa port when you connect the Duet to the Mac. Unfortunately, you have to erase the firmware on the Duet (by pressing the Erase button, and sometimes the reset button after that) before the Bossa port appears. So you won't know until you try it. I suggest you formulate a backup plan before you try it, e.g. find a friend with a PC who is willing to help if necessary.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 31, 2015 07:10AM
The correct serial port is listed in Bossa but if I select it I get:

Error
Could not connect to device on cu.usbmodemfa121

I read somewhere on the Arduino site that you can connect after you have erased the firmware, actually it said after reset but I assume it means after erase.

Brian
March 31, 2015 07:34AM
Yes, you need to erase the firmware for the Bossa port to appear. If you have not erased the firmware, then you are seeing the normal USB port used by Pronterface etc.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login