Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connecting the Z axis assembly to the Y axis assembly

Posted by xiandhq 
Connecting the Z axis assembly to the Y axis assembly
May 12, 2015 11:57PM
Hi,everyone.

I don't really understand that why the Z extrusion will sit between these two marks?(on the Y axis idler side, measure 210mm from the end of the Y axis aluminium extrusion without the Y axis motor and on the Y axis motor side, measure 120mm from the end of the Y axis aluminium extrusion).Thank you in advance.
Re: Connecting the Z axis assembly to the Y axis assembly
May 13, 2015 02:25AM
xiandhq
Hi,everyone.

I don't really understand that why the Z extrusion will sit between these two marks?...

The Z extrusion is 20mm on the short side so it all ads up to the total length of the Y extrusion, 210mm + 20mm + 120mm = 350mm

Erik
May 13, 2015 06:38AM
ormerod168
xiandhq
Hi,everyone.

I don't really understand that why the Z extrusion will sit between these two marks?...

The Z extrusion is 20mm on the short side so it all ads up to the total length of the Y extrusion, 210mm + 20mm + 120mm = 350mm

[attachment 54591 z-extrusion_pos.JPG]

Erik

Thank you very much for your replying .But why it is 210mm+20mm+120mm=350mm,not 180mm+20mm+150mm=350mm? Is it because of printer's structural design?
May 13, 2015 01:43PM
xiandhq
Thank you very much for your replying .But why it is 210mm+20mm+120mm=350mm,not 180mm+20mm+150mm=350mm? Is it because of printer's structural design?

Oh now I see what you mean! (I'm a bit slow ;-)), Its designed so to give the nozzle access to the whole bed - notice the tip of the nozzle has a 35mm offset to the edge off of the Z extrusion, so that makes the position of the nozzle 210mm-35mm=175mm - exactly in the middle of the Y extrusion

Erik
May 13, 2015 03:11PM
ormerod168
Oh now I see what you mean! (I'm a bit slow ;-)), Its designed so to give the nozzle access to the whole bed - notice the tip of the nozzle has a 35mm offset to the edge off of the Z extrusion, so that makes the position of the nozzle 210mm-35mm=175mm - exactly in the middle of the Y extrusion
Erik

Quite so. If you position it in the wrong place, the printer will still work fine, but you won't be able to print right to one edge of the bed because the bed will reach the end of its travel before the nozzle gets to that edge. The position is where the nozzle (not the X carriage) is at the half-way mark.

Dave
May 13, 2015 11:31PM
ormerod168
xiandhq

Erik

Thank you very much, Erik.
I think I have understood now.grinning smiley
May 13, 2015 11:36PM
dmould
ormerod168
Erik

Quite so. If you position it in the wrong place, the printer will still work fine, but you won't be able to print right to one edge of the bed because the bed will reach the end of its travel before the nozzle gets to that edge. The position is where the nozzle (not the X carriage) is at the half-way mark.

Dave

Thank you for your answer,Dave.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login