Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with Pause

Posted by shadow651 
Issues with Pause
May 10, 2015 05:21PM
OK, so I'm having issues getting a pause to work correctly, I'm using

Firmware Version: 1.04g-dc42 (2015-04-20) Pre-release of 1.04g for RRP IR probe issue fix
Web Interface Version: HTML: 1.06, JS: 1.06

First I found this post [forums.reprap.org]

zombiepantslol
If you're using RRP's official firmware, I think you need to insert "M25" before the Z axis moves to the last layer. You'll have to edit your G-Code file using Notepad++ or so.

If you use either dc42's or my firmware fork, I suggest you use M226 instead. This is the right code for this purpose, but it's still missing in RRP's official firmware.

When you're done, you can run M24 to continue your print.

So I tried using M226, but when I send M24 (or hit resume in the GUI) the printer tries to run off the X and Y axis (X low and Y high) so I have to turn off the printer.

So I tried using M25, but the printer seems to stop before it should.... and when given M24 (or again the GUI resume) it moves to the print and then pauses again. I think it's executing the pause as soon as it sees it enter the buffer instead of waiting to reach it?

So not sure what's going on.... would apreciate some help. For now I'm just going to have to cut my gcode files in half at the change.
Re: Issues with Pause
May 10, 2015 05:45PM
Hi shadow651,

I'll check out M226/M24 when I get the chance, as it's a while since I tested M226. I know that the web interface pause/resume works, as long as you are using relative extruder moves. M25 deliberately pauses the print immediately, because it's what the web interface sends when you want to pause a print that is running from SD card.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Issues with Pause
May 26, 2015 07:11AM
I confirm that there is a problem with the M226 pause command in my fork. It is failing to save the paused location. I'm working on a new release for later today or tomorrow, so I'll include the fix in that.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login