Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1st connection USB COM fail blocking in commissioning datasheet help please

Posted by florianZac 
1st connection USB COM fail blocking in commissioning datasheet help please
October 19, 2015 03:50PM
Hello, I have a problem with my reprap Ormerod version N°1 is the 1st connection (to buy there is one the years and dislocated but I was able to assemble it only now).
I am in the commissioning and I arrive at nothing.....
I don't speak very well English (French its my origin) but I really want to run this damn reprap....
My 1st problem is that the LED of the port com does not work....
Can you help me by detailing me in photo the test points of tension to be verified (3V 5 and 12V? Or solution alternatives to make finally live my 3D printer?

thanks for your help

Here are some photos : [dl.free.fr]
Re: 1st connection USB COM fail blocking in commissioning datasheet help please
October 19, 2015 04:19PM
Unless you have external 5V power applied, you have the wrong jumper installed for an Ormerod 1. The jumper should be installed at position JP9 "5V_EN", not at JP10 "ATX_5V_EN".

But before you fit that jumper and apply 12V power, make sure you can connect to the board from the PC with just USB power applied. When you connect the USB cable between the PC and the Duet, the red LED near the USB port should light up.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 19, 2015 04:55PM
The problem head main clause and what. With or without the jumper in JP9 the card Arduino is not recognized by my computer, of no more LED ignites.
I don't know if I should acquire a other board duet but before I shall like knowing how to be on that it is failing
October 19, 2015 05:13PM
If the red LED near the USB port doesn't light up when you connect it to a PC with the USB cable, then that suggests a fault on the Duet (or just possibly a faulty USB cable). The 5V supply passes from the USB connector to diode D13, which feeds 5V to the rest of the board. So use your multimeter to measure between D13 and either the case of the USB connector or the case of the SD card socket. The cases of both sockets are connected to ground.

Check the solder joints on the USB connector. There are 5 fine connections at the back of the socket, and 4 mounting lugs. On some early Duet boards, the mounting lugs were not soldered to the PCB. This caused the socket to flex when a cable is plugged in, and the fine connections at the back to break off.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

October 19, 2015 05:56PM
okey i don't have a voltage in D13 and the USB connector its use for charge my phone but also The sent photos were to transfer of the telephone to the computer via the same cable I thus suppose that it works.

i don't understand why i don't work proprely and thanks for your answer
October 20, 2015 02:21AM
Have you checked the soldering of the USB socket yet?

October 20, 2015 04:45AM
You speak of to quote arduino card or of quotation pc? Of the highly-rated pc it work very well I transfer data with this port...
But of highly-rated card duet I know how to not or take test point....
One photos of shall help me certainly

thanks
October 20, 2015 06:29AM
I mean the USB connector on the Duet.

October 20, 2015 07:05AM
thanks a lot the led its alive now !!!
October 20, 2015 07:21AM
I don't presently have access to the Duet board or layout to check myself ... as the OP has an early kit, could someone (DC42?) verify from his photos that the resistors on the regulator circuit are the correct way around? (You may recall the first batch of Duets had a pair of resistors populated at 90 degrees to their correct orientation).

Dave
October 20, 2015 07:43AM
dmould
I don't presently have access to the Duet board or layout to check myself ... as the OP has an early kit, could someone (DC42?) verify from his photos that the resistors on the regulator circuit are the correct way around? (You may recall the first batch of Duets had a pair of resistors populated at 90 degrees to their correct orientation).

Dave

Yes they are the right way round in his photo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login