Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Last two Ormerod send upgrade hot end boards available!

Posted by dc42 
Last two Ormerod send upgrade hot end boards available!
October 05, 2015 01:09PM
I have just two of my Ormerod hot end boards left for sale. These are single-nozzle boards upgradable to dual. For those who haven't heard of them before, this is what they provide:

* Z probe sensor using two modulated IR beams, that works on most bed surfaces including glass (but not mirror), Kapton, BuildTak etc.
* No white targets are needed, you can home Z at the bed centre, and you can use 5-point bed compensation.
* Thermostatic control of the hot end fan. The fan is turned on whenever the hot end temperature exceeds about 38C, or when a thermistor fault is detected.
* Illumination of the bed in the area of the nozzle using three high-brightness Cree LEDs.
* Red LED to indicate that trigger height has been reached
* Amber LED to indicate that the hot end heater is powered
* Sensor is mounted on the hot end instead of on the X carriage, so as to be less sensitive to hot end tilt
* Molex connectors on board, replacing the original 6-pin hot end connector and much easier to rewire

They were originally designed for Ormerod 1, but they can also be used (and are) by Ormerod 2 owners, by printing a piece to replace the acrylic fan spacer. I am selling each of these two boards PLUS a kit of parts to upgrade them to dual-nozzle for GBP51.00 including UK shipping and VAT, GBP59.13 including EU shipping and VAT, or GBP50.35 including shipping to the rest of the world or to VAT-registered EU business customers.

Please send me a PM if you want one, giving your country, PayPal address, and VAT number if applicable. Further details and fitting instructions are at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

As the demand for these boards has dropped off, it is unlikely that I will make another batch of them. For those who want a height sensor only, I manufacture a mini differential IR sensor board (as used by E3D on their BigBox printer), which is described at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Re: Last two Ormerod send upgrade hot end boards available!
October 05, 2015 02:08PM
dc42
I have just two of my Ormerod hot end boards left for sale. These are single-nozzle boards upgradable to dual. For those who haven't heard of them before, this is what they provide:

* Z probe sensor using two modulated IR beams, that works on most bed surfaces including glass (but not mirror), Kapton, BuildTak etc.
* No white targets are needed, you can home Z at the bed centre, and you can use 5-point bed compensation.
* Thermostatic control of the hot end fan. The fan is turned on whenever the hot end temperature exceeds about 38C, or when a thermistor fault is detected.
* Illumination of the bed in the area of the nozzle using three high-brightness Cree LEDs.
* Red LED to indicate that trigger height has been reached
* Amber LED to indicate that the hot end heater is powered
* Sensor is mounted on the hot end instead of on the X carriage, so as to be less sensitive to hot end tilt
* Molex connectors on board, replacing the original 6-pin hot end connector and much easier to rewire

They were originally designed for Ormerod 1, but they can also be used (and are) by Ormerod 2 owners, by printing a piece to replace the acrylic fan spacer. I am selling each of these two boards PLUS a kit of parts to upgrade them to dual-nozzle for GBP51.00 including UK shipping and VAT, GBP59.13 including EU shipping and VAT, or GBP50.35 including shipping to the rest of the world or to VAT-registered EU business customers.

Please send me a PM if you want one, giving your country, PayPal address, and VAT number if applicable. Further details and fitting instructions are at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

As the demand for these boards has dropped off, it is unlikely that I will make another batch of them. For those who want a height sensor only, I manufacture a mini differential IR sensor board (as used by E3D on their BigBox printer), which is described at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

Re: Last two Ormerod send upgrade hot end boards available!
November 09, 2015 09:09AM
Hi David,

I'am intersted in your differential LED hot end board. I have a Ormerod 2 with two nozzle and I want to improve the zero z axis end stopping. I want to buy one of your kit. Please, give me all the instruction for to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Re: Last two Ormerod sensor upgrade hot end boards available!
November 09, 2015 12:34PM
Hi, I have run out of the Ormerod-specific boards (the ones that also provide thermostatic fan control, illumination and hot-end-on indication) and there is insufficient demand to make it worth my while to assemble any more. However, I have plenty of my mini IR sensor boards. This is what they look like:

The size is about 18mm high x 24mm wide. See [miscsolutions.wordpress.com] for more details. The price is around GBP21 + shipping + VAT if applicable. Send me a PM stating which country you are in if you wish to order one, and I will quote an exact price.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login