Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.6 Connector Type

Posted by atheimer 
Duet 0.6 Connector Type
December 30, 2015 09:33PM
Hopefully a simple post, does anyone know what type of connectors fit the Duet .6 similar to the one in this picture. The connector points in question are the motor/hotend/endstop connectors(above the loom connector). I have read they are perhaps Molex KK but when I searchred those connectors they didn't look "quite" right so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Andy
Re: Duet 0.6 Connector Type
December 30, 2015 10:03PM
They're called Dupont connectors. Or "jumper wires". Or "single-pin female headers".

I bought these and wired it up today. They work perfectly!: [trade.me]
December 31, 2015 02:39AM
atheimer
Hopefully a simple post, does anyone know what type of connectors fit the Duet .6 similar to the one in this picture. The connector points in question are the motor/hotend/endstop connectors(above the loom connector). I have read they are perhaps Molex KK but when I searchred those connectors they didn't look "quite" right so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Andy

Those White ones in your photo are indeed MOLEX KK connectors Dupont ones will work but are not locking or keyed which means that it is possible to place a dupont connector out by a pin or so which can lead to a bit of head scratching at best or a blown board at worst.

If you have the headers with the white tabs then use Molex KK ones else use Dupont ones (The boards can come with either or in some cases screw terminal blocks)

Doug
December 31, 2015 03:37AM
The white ones are Molex KK series. Suitable mating connectors are 22-01-20x5 where x is the number of pins (2, 3 or 4) and matching crimp pins 08-50-0032. These are widely available on eBay and from the usual component distributors. In the UK they are also available from Maplin at highly inflated prices.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 31, 2015 04:14AM
You can also buy the looms directly from RepRapPro. I wish I had seen those before ordering!
December 31, 2015 09:17AM
Thanks for the advice, just to help anyone else out, here are the specific parts I bought:

4pin: [www.mouser.com]
3pin: [www.mouser.com]
2pin: [www.mouser.com]

Connectors:
[www.mouser.com]
December 31, 2015 10:49AM
Don't forget that you will need also need a crimping tool - I bought one of these:

HobbyKing crimping tool

This is their Hong Kong warehouse, but they also supply from Europe (Netherlands), UK (Suffolk), Russia and the USA - just follow the links for the different warehouses.

Note: these are cheap, but they do work very well!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login