Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with extruder feed calibration - please!

Posted by rjmusto 
Help with extruder feed calibration - please!
January 17, 2016 09:48AM
Hi,

I've just fitted herringbone gears to the extruder motor (thanks iamburny) and wanted to check the feed calibration with the old felt mark, then extrude 100mm and check actual length. But for the life of me, I can't get that blasted thing to manually extrude. Am using the web interface, but have also tried it on Pronterface. No doubt I'm missing some vital step. I did it ok when the printer was first commissioned for goodness sake!

So can someone put me out of my misery by figuring out what's missing?

Thanks,
Ralph
Re: Help with extruder feed calibration - please!
January 17, 2016 09:50AM
Make sure you have a tool selected (e.g. send T0), and enable cold extrusion with M302 P1.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 17, 2016 10:21AM
Phew - thanks. Was missing the tool select step. All done.

Thanks a lot.
January 18, 2016 10:00AM
I'm still putting my O2 together (Yes I'm taking my time) and wanted to know if there is a PDF or something that has a list of all these different commands and what they are used for?
How would I know to send a T0 and then M302 P1 to test the extruder?

dc42
Make sure you have a tool selected (e.g. send T0), and enable cold extrusion with M302 P1.
January 18, 2016 11:43AM
brlowe
I'm still putting my O2 together (Yes I'm taking my time) and wanted to know if there is a PDF or something that has a list of all these different commands and what they are used for?

[reprap.org] lists all the commands used for all printers (not all are supported by the Duet firmware but it should be sufficient for most purposes).

Dave
January 19, 2016 09:58AM
Thank you Dave.
I'm starting to wire mine up today so should be powering up and working on commands later in the week. This Doc will come in helpful once I start doing that so I know what I'm doing.

dmould
brlowe

[reprap.org] lists all the commands used for all printers (not all are supported by the Duet firmware but it should be sufficient for most purposes).

Dave
January 19, 2016 05:47PM
Also see the RepRapFirmware configuration guide I posted at [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login