Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D-model of the Duet 0.85 available?

Posted by Treito 
3D-model of the Duet 0.85 available?
February 06, 2016 03:29AM
Hello,

does anybody know if there is a 3d-model available? I am designing my own printer now. Later I would need the model to design the case and secondly it simply would look much better. It is not needed to be very precisly as long as the holes are correct and it is more than a simple block.
This new controller board sounds interesting, but I am afraid that it will be provided too late. sad smiley
So if anybody knows where I can get a suitable step-file or whatever-file please tell me.

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: 3D-model of the Duet 0.85 available?
February 06, 2016 05:47AM
Hello Sven.

I have a model done in Solidworks.

I will export it for you, what format do you want?

Adam.
February 06, 2016 05:58AM
Hello Adam,

that would be very nice, many thanks. The best option would be indeed the step-format, but at work I would be able to import the solidworks-file in theory.
Unfortunately Freecad is not able to import the KiCAD-Format. sad smiley

Best regards,

Sven

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
February 06, 2016 06:55AM
Hello Sven.

I'm sorry, I don't actually have a full model as I had thought. I modified the original casing when I added a fan for the duet shield.

Would a copy of that enclosure work? It's the ormerod 1 enclosure.
February 06, 2016 07:44AM
At the moment I am far away from the placement of the Duet board. However I would need the PCB itself and not any case. Maybe I will not need any direct casing and the Duet board will be placed under a double bottom following the example of the Delta-printers.
I can show the PCB in 3D in KiCAD, but I am not able to export it as step-file and FreeCAD also cannot open it for what reason ever.

February 06, 2016 11:07AM
I am on it. The FreeCAD import worked now. However I have to assign the 3D-models or searching models to add them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login