Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there anything other than Pronterface?

Posted by atheimer 
Is there anything other than Pronterface?
February 09, 2016 10:38AM
I love my Duet mainboard(running a P3Steel) but I'm in the process of re-commissioning my printer and I find the web UI really tedious for all the calibration and bed leveling moves. It seems Pronterface is the only "host" software that can control the Duet but I've been having reliability issues with it.
Are there any other options for controlling the printer (especially during long calibration sessions) directly form my laptop?
Re: Is there anything other than Pronterface?
February 09, 2016 01:07PM
Whats wrong with the Webinterface? Mybe you are using an old version? the new Webinterface is easy to use and has same commands as ponterface. Try the newest version :[forums.reprap.org]

My favorite part is i can modify the config file in the interface itself withought the need to remove the sd card.

If you have Simplify3D you could use that it has simular interface. but i could be wrong i havent been using ponterface since the first commisioning 2 years ago.
February 09, 2016 05:09PM
Cool, I actually do use Simplify3d but didn't think to try their controls as they're hidden away.
February 10, 2016 02:10AM
If you use S3D to drive the Ormerod directly, configure it for hardware flow control. But I don't understand what you don't like about the web interface, unless you are using a very old version.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 10, 2016 10:25AM
I am a few versions behind on the web UI but mostly it's cause I don't have network cables all over my house/garage. Its not always convenient to connect that way or drag my access point around.

That and I got really comfortable with RepetierHost with my first printer and its hard to change my ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 10:25AM by atheimer.
February 10, 2016 04:55PM
If your wifi signal will reach the places where you use the printer, you can use a wifi to Ethernet converter to get web access to the printer. Alternatively, if you are comfortable with Repetier host, why not use that?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login