Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Colorfabb XT slic3r Settings

Posted by Fpex 
Colorfabb XT slic3r Settings
February 20, 2016 10:56AM
My ormerod2 works very well with PLA and ABS. So I decided to play with some other material. Anybody has setting for the colorfabb XT?
I seem not to manage to find the proper settings here as the perimeters cool down very fast (and there is no cooling at all as for ABS) resulting in corners curling up.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
Re: Colorfabb XT slic3r Settings
February 20, 2016 11:13AM
I tried Colorfabb XT clear i printed at 255 first layer and 250 2nd with 75C bed. Only problem i had is making it stick to the bed. On their site said to use stick glue(on cold bed) becouse it would stick too strong to glass(acording to them can strip glas particles when u try to remove) but sometimes it would not stick well to the glue stick but if i did manage to get the 1st layer to stick to it it would hold it well till the end of the print.

I printed my E3D mount with it:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2016 11:14AM by Darathy.
February 20, 2016 02:39PM
I am printing with the stock RRP head, I have no problem to get to attached, but I suffer from curly corners as the printer goes causing in the end the print to crash against the bed levelling sensor.
I am printing at 240,245, 255, and next 260 (no cooling) ... but I start to doubt my problem is too high temp even if I am using the setting suggested by colorfabb.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2016 03:40AM by Fpex.

February 21, 2016 04:54AM
as far as i am aware you can use cooling with colorfab XT, in fact i had to use it to print the mount otherwise it was curling up. The bonding is really strong with colorfab but Clear might have diferent properties then Colored.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2016 04:55AM by Darathy.
February 21, 2016 05:56AM
I am not using cooling, but i still have curling corners. And it can get so bad that they crash against the bed level sensor and .... all dies.

February 21, 2016 07:16AM
i think you misunderstand me ,i am saying you should use cooling but not higher then 10% ,i used really low just so it wouldnt curl up on overhangs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2016 07:21AM by Darathy.
February 21, 2016 07:34AM
I am using it at max, because I still have to connect to the fan controlling unit. But I discovered slic3r was doing weird stuff, so I reinstalled all and reloaded the config file and ... all seems working better now.
When I can properly case and wire the duet, i will try to use a better and lower cooling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login