Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware 1.09 does not read config.g

Posted by Flyskyhy 
Firmware 1.09 does not read config.g
March 30, 2016 04:18PM
I recently decided to start using my Ormerod 1 again, after a period of disuse. Naturally, I tried to install the latest firmware, version 1.09, as described in https://reprappro.com/documentation/commissioning-introduction/maintenance-duet/#RepRapPro_Firmware. I also installed the new SD-card contents. After installation, I can connect fine with Pronterface, but the new firmware does not seem to read the config.g file at startup. I also tried DC42's new "RepRapFirmware 1.10+4-dc42", but with the same effect.

The M105 command does not return 'OK', even though the config.g does contain the 'M555 P2' command
But the M115 command shows the correct firmware version, and the 'M503' command shows the correct contents of the config.g file, so I assume it is NOT a problem with the SD.

I am at a loss as to what to do now, the troubleshooting guides do not seem to cater for this situation. Is there anybody who can help me?

Thanks.
Re: Firmware 1.09 does not read config.g
March 31, 2016 02:46AM
It sounds that the firmware is not able to read config.g at startup, but can later on. I had the same problem with my Ormerod 1 until I swapped the SD card.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 31, 2016 03:34AM
Probably it is a problem with the card itself like dc42 said. On some Firmware versions I had the same issue caused by a problem with the config.g-file itself. If switching of the SD card does not help please provide the config.g-file.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
March 31, 2016 07:31AM
Thanks for the help, guys. I now tried with a new SD card, and have the same results. I did some more experimenting, though, and with the old config.g, the X movement direction is reversed, but it is fine with the new config.g, which makes me believe that it is actually reading the config.g file correctly.
Also, X and Y homing work fine.

Then the problem is probably only the M105 command that is not returning any value at all, just "SENDING:M105". I thought it might be the thermistor, but I tested that separately and it seems to work fine (100kOhm at room temperature). The 'M105 S2' command returns the following, but I am not sure how to interpret this:
SENDING:M105 S2
ok {"status":"I","heaters":[22.7,24.0],"active":[-273.1,0.0],"standby":[-273.1,-273.0],"hstat":[0,0],"pos":[20.00,20.00,54.30],"extr":[0.0],"sfactor":100.00,"efactor":[100.00],"tool":0,"probe":"29","fanPercent":[0.00,0.00],"fanRPM":0,"homed":[1,1,0],"message":""}

Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks,
René

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2016 08:55AM by Flyskyhy.
March 31, 2016 04:19PM
If you are using Pronterface, then it intercepts the standard response from M105, because it assumes it sent the M105 command itself. It uses the response to display the temperatures towards the left hand side of the window. Some older versions of RRF had a missing space character in the M105 response, so Pronterface did not recognise it, and therefore did not intercept it..

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 31, 2016 05:47PM
Darn, I did not notice that, the temperature listed by Pronterface is actually updated when I send the command. Many thanks, that means that the machine is actually working correctly smiling smiley

O, and many thanks as well for keeping improving the firmware as well, I was already using your versions before as well. Keep up the good work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login