Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updated troubleshooting instructions

Posted by droftarts 
Updated troubleshooting instructions
January 28, 2014 12:23PM
I've updated the troubleshooting instructions, with a lot of what I've been meaning to for the last couple of weeks: [www.reprappro.com]

It's a bit of a 'wall of text', unfortunately. There's still more to come as well. If people could take a look, use it, give me some feedback, that would be ace!

Now, I'm off on holiday. See you next Tuesday! (Don't worry, I'll check in occasionally...)

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Re: Updated troubleshooting instructions
January 28, 2014 12:47PM
Bon voyage Ian,
You deserve the break

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 12:47PM by GregL.

Ormerod #17
January 29, 2014 03:11AM
Instructions look good. Is there anything about testing and or spec of SD card. I say this because mine seemed to work but was in fact corrupting data which went unnoticed since I didnt know what I was meant to be getting when I started out.

I dont think there is much that can be done about dense text. It is true that you miss things as you read and try to build but hopefully you can use the extra detail and reread that section if you get stuck!

Happy Holiday!

regards
Andy

Ormerod #318
www.zoomworks.org - Free and Open Source Stuff smiling smiley
January 29, 2014 05:52PM
Perhaps you could also add a section on calibrating extrusion width with multipler and default extrusion width and using the 40x10 test piece etc, there are various threads through the forum and this sort of basic stuff would be good to collect in one place, currently lots of new folks in 3D printing and occasionally is feels like extracting teeth with new info which probably would be better start points us newbeeies.

Regards

Chris H
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login