Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone interested in an LCD control panel for the Ormerod?

Posted by dc42 
Re: Anyone interested in an LCD control panel for the Ormerod?
January 02, 2015 03:39AM
I am trying to get the txt but the seller seems not visible from the Belgian eBay.
January 02, 2015 04:49AM
Fpex
I am trying to get the txt but the seller seems not visible from the Belgian eBay.

I can't find that seller on ebay.be either. I suggest you try ebay.com. This display [www.ebay.com] looks identical to the one I am using. This one [www.ebay.com] too.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 02, 2015 06:19AM
Problem is that I seem able to buy only on eBay.be
January 02, 2015 07:55AM
Fpex
Problem is that I seem able to buy only on eBay.be

What happens when you try to buy one from ebay,com? Here in the UK it appears that I can buy from ebay,com.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 02, 2015 09:02AM
Normally I can see the same sellers independently from it being eBay.be or eBay.co.uk or else, but not this one.
January 02, 2015 09:55AM
My guess is that the seller has opted not to translate that page to French or Flemish. What is stopping you from buying it from ebay.com?

January 02, 2015 03:39PM
I tried, but my account is locked to eBay.be and it reverts automatically. I see there are many that look similar thought.
January 02, 2015 03:44PM
Fpex
I tried, but my account is locked to eBay.be and it reverts automatically. I see there are many that look similar thought.

Delete cookie?

Erik
January 03, 2015 01:52PM
Any of these would work also?

[www.benl.ebay.be]

[www.benl.ebay.be]

[www.benl.ebay.be]
January 03, 2015 05:35PM
At first glance, the first one of those looks suitable. The second appears to have different pin connections, unless that is a misprint. The third is a much larger display. This one [www.benl.ebay.be] also looks suitable. All of these cost a lot more than the displays shipped from China or Hong Kong that can be found on ebay.co.uk and ebay.com.

The essential features of the display are:

* 4.3 inch 480x272 pixel display
* On-board SSD1963 controller
* On-board XPT2046 or ADS7843 or compatible touch controller
* 16-bit parallel interface
* 40-pin 2 row 2.54mm (0.1 inch) pitch connector with pinout similar to this [wiki.iteadstudio.com] or this [wiki.iteadstudio.com] (only difference is LED anode connection)
* 3.3V or 5V power requirement (this is selectable via a jumper on the controller board)

Boards that appear to be compatible include:

1. [imall.iteadstudio.com] (tested and working)
2. [www.ebay.co.uk] (earlier version of board tested and working with caveat)
3. [www.ebay.co.uk] (not tested)
4. [www.ebay.co.uk] (not tested)
5. [www.sainsmart.com] (not tested)

I have not tested numbers 3, 4 and 5 but to me they look identical to #2. The caveat on #2 is that the backlight current consumption during power up is higher than the prototype controller boards allow for, and this sometimes causes the voltage regulator to oscillate. I have delayed production of controller boards for 2 days to allow me to try a different voltage regulator with a higher current capacity.

Boards with a 24-bit parallel RGB interface are not suitable.

The firmware also currently supports 3.2 inch widescreen 400x240 displays with HX8352A controller; however I recommend using a 4.3 inch display because it is much nicer to use. The firmware does not support the widely-available 3.2 inch 320x240 displays, because although that would be possible, the amount of information that can be displayed would be less. The firmware also works on 5 inch 800x480 displays using the SSD1963 controller and with the same 40-pin connector, although it does not currently make proper use of the larger display or higher resolution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 05:42PM by dc42.

January 03, 2015 05:54PM
Thanks!
January 03, 2015 06:27PM
PS - although the first of the displays you linked to looked suitable at first glance, I am no longer sure. In particular, the connector pads on the left hand side don't have pins soldered into them, and may not have the correct pinout. This one [www.benl.ebay.be] looks a better option. Or try Amazon. Or work out how to order for ebay.com, e.g. delete cookies and use a new email address.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 06:29PM by dc42.

January 04, 2015 07:03AM
I think you gave me enough choices. I could even just take the one you suggested initially as prices seem all rather higher once your alternative is no longer an option.
January 04, 2015 11:54AM
i bought this one:

[www.ebay.de]

i hope this one is alright smiling smiley
January 04, 2015 07:01PM
x4FF3
i bought this one:

[www.ebay.de]

i hope this one is alright smiling smiley

It looks similar to the board I have, although the PCB layout is a little different. The pinout is the same, which is a good sign.

February 01, 2015 09:35AM
Hey!

I was wondering if you were selling this wonderful solution? I see that you have made quite some progress on the prototyping, but I don't know if the real product is already finished...

Do you know if this would also work on a RAMPS 1.4 - Marlin custom 3D Printer? I would like to integrate it into my own custom built printer...

Anyway, it looks like great work!
February 01, 2015 09:57AM
Yes, it is in production and called the PanelDue. See this thread [forums.reprap.org].

To use it with RAMPS/Marlin, you would need to identify a spare serial port on the Arduino to connect it to. You would also need to modify Marlin to accept commands from that port and to support the extension to the M105 command and the M36 command.

Or you could consider replacing the 8-bit RAMPS by a 32-bit Duet smiling smiley

February 01, 2015 10:37AM
excuse me.
be very difficult to program this type of LCD graphic touch on cards 8 / 32bit?
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 10:38AM by maralb.

DELTA Printer - Duet -Touch5" - E3D_V6
February 02, 2015 04:20PM
dc42
Yes, it is in production and called the PanelDue. See this thread [forums.reprap.org].

To use it with RAMPS/Marlin, you would need to identify a spare serial port on the Arduino to connect it to. You would also need to modify Marlin to accept commands from that port and to support the extension to the M105 command and the M36 command.

Or you could consider replacing the 8-bit RAMPS by a 32-bit Duet smiling smiley

Thanks! It looks like a fantastic addition to my delta printer. However, I'll first try and install a "standard" LCD screen. Once I get a bit more familiar with the delta tech, I will definitely consider your product!

For now I stay with RAMPS as that's the one I am most familiar with :-)

I assume with the extension of the M105 and M36 command, you mean adding the JSON functionality?
February 02, 2015 07:40PM
The M105 command has the support for S2 and S3 parameters added (which return data in JSON format). The M36 command is completely new.

February 02, 2015 07:43PM
maralb
excuse me.
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Are you asking about using PanelDue with different printer electronics, or are you asking about using a different type of graphics display?

February 03, 2015 01:58AM
dc42
maralb
excuse me.
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Are you asking about using PanelDue with different printer electronics

make a disposition of the items in the display as in video
good are you in doing this???

are interested in the PanelDue
but with a different arrangement in the display menu.
you be able to program so

escuse my English
Use the translator

Alberto from Italy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 02:00AM by maralb.

February 03, 2015 03:00AM
The PanelDue firmware is open source (see [github.com]), so if you are able to write firmware, you can program the menus however you like.

February 03, 2015 03:35AM
dc42
so if you are able to write firmware, you can program the menus however you like.
I'm not goodconfused smiley
and her masterthumbs up

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login