Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New experimental firmware 1.00h-dc42

Posted by dc42 
Re: New experimental firmware 1.00h-dc42
February 16, 2015 07:57PM
I've just released version 1.00i. Changes in this release:

Fixed bug with reading file info that was introduced in version 1.00h
Don't return status as Printing if just running a macro file, return Busy instead
Restored Json buffer size back to 2000 bytes so as to return more files on SD card
Limit the amount of moves we buffer depending on how long they take so as to react faster to speed and extrusion rate changes
Return print time left estimates in M105 S2 status response for PanelDue if printing a file
Show stepper motor currents as integers and do some rounding to get more accurate values

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 17, 2015 05:02AM
Works well, I can confirm that file info is now displayed correctly in the web gui, more files listed, and best of all speed/extrution adjustments have effect must faster (shorter command buffer).

Thank you!
February 17, 2015 05:55AM
Tomas, thanks for the feedback!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 17, 2015 07:08AM
I loaded this firmware and have taken a quick look but not printed with it yet. I did however confirm that the web interface correctly displays the print height and filament length when a file is sent to print.

Dave
February 17, 2015 03:50PM
Hi,

i flashed 1.00i and moved to zombie's webinterface. my problem is, that i can't upload a gcode-file via the webinterface. the button is not clickable.

david
February 17, 2015 04:55PM
Hi david, zombiepantslol has not implemented file upload via the web yet. Until he does, either upload files via FTP using a client such as FileZilla, or revert to my 1.04 web interface.

February 17, 2015 05:27PM
I just messed up a print. My fault, but would have been avoided with a small firmware mod, so this is a request ...

During the print I figured the plastic could do with being a tad hotter (white filament usually does), so I changed the "230" in the widow to "235" and hit "enter". Unfortunately I had not hit the backspace key hard enough (or the browser missed that keystroke) and instead of "235", I had entered "2305". Within seconds I realised that the temperature graph was going ballistic and quickly corrected the figure to the intended 235 and the hotend LED went out as the temperature reached 250 deg - but the residual heat in the cartridge kept the temperature climbing off the top of the graph before it came down again. And kept coming down, and down ... Meanwhile the print was looking fine despite the brief period of overheat. I paused the print before the plastic solidified in the nozzle. The overtemp had apparently triggered a fault condition in the firmware and nothing I could do on the control panel would reactivate the heater, so I had to reset the printer and scrap the print.

So my request is that a temperature set command be ignored if the temperature is out of bounds rather than attempting to reach a temperature that is above the permitted limit and "deliberately" triggering a fault condition.

Dave
February 17, 2015 06:10PM
dmould
During the print I figured the plastic could do with being a tad hotter (white filament usually does), so I changed the "230" in the widow to "235" and hit "enter". Unfortunately I had not hit the backspace key hard enough (or the browser missed that keystroke) and instead of "235", I had entered "2305". Within seconds I realised that the temperature graph was going ballistic and quickly corrected the figure to the intended 235 and the hotend LED went out as the temperature reached 250 deg - but the residual heat in the cartridge kept the temperature climbing off the top of the graph before it came down again. And kept coming down, and down ... Meanwhile the print was looking fine despite the brief period of overheat. I paused the print before the plastic solidified in the nozzle. The overtemp had apparently triggered a fault condition in the firmware and nothing I could do on the control panel would reactivate the heater, so I had to reset the printer and scrap the print.

So my request is that a temperature set command be ignored if the temperature is out of bounds rather than attempting to reach a temperature that is above the permitted limit and "deliberately" triggering a fault condition.

Dave

I've implemented that for release in my next version. However, if the temperature overshot to more than 300C (the value that triggers a temperature fault), then you almost certainly need to reduce the S parameter in the M305 command for that heater, to scale back the power. I think I recall from another thread that you have increased the supply voltage to 14V. If that is the case, you need to compensate for the extra 36% power you are giving it.

February 17, 2015 07:55PM
dc42
I've implemented that for release in my next version. However, if the temperature overshot to more than 300C (the value that triggers a temperature fault), then you almost certainly need to reduce the S parameter in the M305 command for that heater, to scale back the power. I think I recall from another thread that you have increased the supply voltage to 14V. If that is the case, you need to compensate for the extra 36% power you are giving it.

Normally there is pretty much zero overshoot when heating to 230 deg from cold - the PID control in all your firmware for at least the past 6 months (or whenever you changed the heater code) senses the very rapid rise and acts early, turning off the heater completely as the temperature passes about 190 degrees and it coasts from there, levelling off pretty exactly at 230 whereupon the heater LED comes on at about half brightness and cycles fairly rapidly brighter / dimmer 3 or 4 times over about 5 seconds, staying within 5 degrees (at most) of the set temperature and after that it's rock-steady at 230 degrees. The 14V gets the nozzle to temperature from cold in under 20 seconds with the default S parameter, which I like. It was only when I upset the applecart by commanding it to melt steel that it caused a problem. Maybe heating that fast is a bit harsh on the heater, but it's lasted for the past year on that PSU and lots of prints, and it even survived a power-up after coming out of the block once (I was alerted by the smell, and the cartridge was glowing cherry-red!), so it appears to be quite robust. You have however prompted me to order another heater to keep as spare.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 07:56PM by dmould.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login