Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new jhead support in github

Posted by ldanut 
new jhead support in github
December 08, 2014 12:40PM
Hi,

I see new support for jhead in github comitted few days ago. Its under work or is final? There is any place where we can see it in real?

Thanks.

[www.build3dparts.com]
[www.3dhubs.com]
Re: new jhead support in github
December 09, 2014 02:55PM
I printed one and installed a JHead. I haven't mounted it to the X rods yet. It looks to attach to the rods as in the previous versions. It appears the fan mount provision is to the mount points for the groove mount bracket. The hole spacing is the same as on a 40 mm axial fan (IIRC 32 mm) and with a spacer. The bottom of the fan contacts the heat block if not offset from the mount. I think something like a hinged fan mount might work. I may be able to whip something up this week. I modeled a mount that attaches to the groove mount clamp that will mount the fan shroud from an i3 Rework. The model says it fits. I'll print one off in the next day or so and post some pics and source if it works.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2014 08:40PM by vegasloki.
December 10, 2014 04:10AM
thank you for your feedback,

I will certainly make the attach larger , so the fan won't touch the heating block anymore.. it's not suposed to happend smiling smiley

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
December 10, 2014 12:23PM
Thanks for your feedback. Whats the purpose of that pin on the right? Where the microswitch gets mounted? Also it needs support for bowden mount. I think its still an work in progress. The fan should be slightly angled to blow also on the print.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2014 12:28PM by ldanut.
December 10, 2014 02:19PM
All Repraps are a work in progress. winking smiley

Here is a mount for a Rework fan shroud. The shroud is in the Rework Github, the source for the mount attached to this post.

There are both an Inventor ipt file and an stl attached. Looking at it it would make more sense to add a mounting point for the fan to the clamp in the dist rather than the bolt on part I have here.

Edit: The limit switch mounts to the two holes perpendicular to the top of the mount. The spacing is for the original Makerbot style switch on a board, it would need a mod to use a plain microswitch.

The Bowden fillting can be tapped into the top of the hot end. Or in the case of an E3D there is a push in fitting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2014 02:22PM by vegasloki.
Attachments:
open | download - jhead fan mount for new smartrap jhead mount.ipt (116 KB)
open | download - jhead fan mount for new smartrap jhead mount.stl (42.9 KB)
December 13, 2014 10:19PM
vegasloki
All Repraps are a work in progress. winking smiley

Here is a mount for a Rework fan shroud. The shroud is in the Rework Github, the source for the mount attached to this post.

There are both an Inventor ipt file and an stl attached. Looking at it it would make more sense to add a mounting point for the fan to the clamp in the dist rather than the bolt on part I have here.

Edit: The limit switch mounts to the two holes perpendicular to the top of the mount. The spacing is for the original Makerbot style switch on a board, it would need a mod to use a plain microswitch.

The Bowden fillting can be tapped into the top of the hot end. Or in the case of an E3D there is a push in fitting.

Same with both the Genie hotends, they come with Bowden fittings and can be removed for other types of systems.

MK2 has a E3D mount and that can also be used on the MK1 hotend.
Bowden fitting not shown, but it just screws into the top of either hotend and is supplied as standard.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login