Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my rap

Posted by woo 
woo
my rap
June 08, 2014 06:06PM
[www.youtube.com]

Here is my smartrap,first run. Now uploading video of first print.

Basic idea waz to build cheap printer,under 200 euro. Everything works except drv8825 from geetech doesnt working,so for now i have toshiba drivers.

I am using 100 lbs spectra and rubber hose inner diameter 4 mm so it sits very tight on 5 mm
motor shafts to improve friction,works like charm.
Re: my rap
June 08, 2014 06:19PM
Be careful. I'm almost done with mine and I planned for a printer around your same price and I've spiraled into about $400US.
June 08, 2014 06:21PM
Nice job! Z switch is doing the "dangle hula". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Shame about the drivers, but it looks like the toshibas are doing the job.

Mark
June 08, 2014 06:37PM
Looking Good! Interesting about the 8825's. I use 4988's that I got from Sidewinderinc on eBay ~$3.50 each. They work pretty good unless I goof up...

I have one of the 4 axis tb6560 boards for my Shapeoko, but have't really tested it out.

Can't wait to see the first print video.
woo
June 08, 2014 11:34PM
[www.youtube.com]
there you go!

2 brad: printer is done,im below 300 usd.
June 08, 2014 11:56PM
Very nice, and well done. I think you will be happy with it. The Smartrap has been a great little printer for me so far.

Mark
June 08, 2014 11:58PM
woo
[www.youtube.com]
there you go!

Well 14 year olds aren't known for being smart
woo
June 09, 2014 12:54AM
BradStaff
woo
[www.youtube.com]
there you go!

i dont get it, who has 14 years? smiling smiley

i am making another printer, lets call it hardcore, basic idea of this little printer is to be portable smiling smiley
June 09, 2014 12:56AM
woo
BradStaff
woo
[www.youtube.com]
there you go!

i dont get it, who has 14 years? smiling smiley

i am making another printer, lets call it hardcore, basic idea of this little printer is to be portable smiling smiley
No. I'm 14. I just finished the 8th grade and I'm almost finished with a 3D printer.
woo
June 09, 2014 01:01AM
very nice, congratz.

when i waz 14, we had 386 and 485 pentiums, with 33 or boosted 66 mhz smiling smiley

about budget:

i simply bought cheapest components from ebay, except 8825 drivers, and now they dont work confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 01:02AM by woo.
June 09, 2014 01:02AM
woo
very nice, congratz.

when i waz 14, we had 386 and 485 pentiums, with 33 or boosted 66 mhz smiling smiley
I think my brain just vomited. What are we talking about?
June 09, 2014 01:23AM
woo
very nice, congratz.

about budget:

i simply bought cheapest components from ebay, except 8825 drivers, and now they dont work confused smiley

Sigh... I was in my 20's when 286's were the norm... I learned to program on punchcards in college...
June 09, 2014 01:30AM
When I was 14, the Altair 8800 was brand new and sported the 8080 processor. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I wanted one sooooooooooo bad. Today I dream of building a Beowulf cluster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 01:38AM by markstephen.
June 09, 2014 01:32AM
Well that's cool. And I am so in with your portable printer. Is it going to be like the Foldarap?
woo
June 09, 2014 01:35AM
hehe.

about smartrap:

i am thinking to lasercut some 8 or 10 mm steel plate with dimensions about 200 x 300 mm and fix whole printer to it to add stability.

i am having some issues with high speeds, like 100 mm/s, printer is dancing on whole work table grinning smiley

luckily i have lasercutter @ work so this should not be a problem

brad: well, english is not my native language so i guess we have missunderstood.

smartrap is for me little portable printer, here is some stuff for big one smiling smiley

Heated chamber
Dual bowden E3D
All axis belt driven
Z axis belt-nema23-toshiba6600
Corexy
Etc.

i have borrowed stepper controllers and power supply from this one, becouse little 7A 12V psu for this little printer hasstill not arrived..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 01:41AM by woo.
June 09, 2014 01:39AM
woo
hehe.

about smartrap:

i am thinking to lasercut some 8 or 10 mm steel plate with dimensions about 200 x 300 mm and fix whole printer to it to add stability.

i am having some issues with high speeds, like 100 mm/s, printer is dancing on whole work table grinning smiley

And we have a laser cutter at school but why not use a piece of wood like I did?
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (212 KB)
woo
June 09, 2014 01:43AM
steel is heavier.
June 09, 2014 01:46AM
Touche
June 09, 2014 01:48AM
woo
hehe.

about smartrap:

brad: well, english is not my native language so i guess we have missunderstood.

smartrap is for me little portable printer, here is some stuff for big one smiling smiley

Heated chamber
Dual bowden E3D
All axis belt driven
Z axis belt-nema23-toshiba6600
Corexy
Etc.

i have borrowed stepper controllers and power supply from this one, becouse little 7A 12V psu for this little printer hasstill not arrived..
That's awesome. I'm excited to see how that will turn out.
June 09, 2014 04:31AM
madmike8
woo
very nice, congratz.

about budget:

Sigh... I was in my 20's when 286's were the norm... I learned to program on punchcards in college...

In 1978 I was using a CPM machine (the operating system) and I was one of the very first people in Australia to be able to purchase a PC when they first came out in the 80s.
I used DOS in those days and saw Windows 95 arrive. The first PC I bought cost over $1500 and that was a very lot of money in those days.
Worse, when the first hard drives came out (after I bought the PC) the biggest available was 5 Meg (ha..ha.. what a joke) and it connected to the parallel printer port (we don't even have them today) The size of the hard drive was huge in physical size,about the size of a shoe box. The cost was $1200. (an absolute fortune at that time)
My have things changed from that time, ,today we have super computers compared.
I have seen so many improvements and prices dropping so quickly over the years.
The Internet has changed to. I remember when I couldn't download a simple text letter because it took too long and my hour of connection ran out, we were downloading at 300 baud ha..ha...
Some of you younger guys have no idea how lucky you are, but then I feel that you will also look back in time and see similar things happen in your futures.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
June 09, 2014 05:28AM
niceone Woo.

Those toshiba's would be nice to scale up the SmartRap. :-D

and BradStaff, when i was 14... C64, with DIY Final- and Power-cardridges.. a tape drive with a BIAS mod screw. Thats when I learned to be patient.

I really need to get my Rap going...
woo
June 22, 2014 06:56AM
So...i have decided to move on...i tried it,for now i dont like it. For me this printer is too gentle,fragile. Il follow this project,maybe once il try it again.

Imho,this printer needs 10-12 mm smoothrods on Z and Y axis,stabile base(done on version .4.9) and less printed parts. For now it has more parts then prusa I3..

Last print:

Smartrap last print: [youtu.be]
August 28, 2014 07:45PM
Nice machine, looks good.

When i was 14 you got a free game for the acorn electron when you bought a magazine. You had to spend 5 hours typing it in off the pages using basic before you could play it. If you got 1 character wrong from the 10 pages of text your game would give a line error and crash. If you were lucky you could find the error, if not you started again.
It seemed fun at the time.
August 28, 2014 08:57PM
mikefiatx19
Nice machine, looks good.

When i was 14 you got a free game for the acorn electron when you bought a magazine. You had to spend 5 hours typing it in off the pages using basic before you could play it. If you got 1 character wrong from the 10 pages of text your game would give a line error and crash. If you were lucky you could find the error, if not you started again.
It seemed fun at the time.

I remember all of that stuff too, Mixing up a comer with a full stop was the worst mistake, because it was so hard to detect as the simple mistake.
Later basic changed a lot, I rather liked Turbo Basic, it was able to be compiled into an executable Things have come a long way over the last 30-40 years.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login