Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can't bear the bearings anymore!!!!

Posted by rcjoseb 
I can't bear the bearings anymore!!!!
January 18, 2015 04:11PM
I can't bear the cheap chinese bearings anymore!!!! They are fine on the rods and then once you install them on the plates, they get this attitude, grind, halt, stop, we are not going anywhere! I don't want to order more from China.

Looking at alternatives I got the diea to remove the balls :-) from insde one of the bearings which produces great results but also results in some play. If I combine one with balls and the other without balls :-) on the same axis, the play is just about eliminated.

Anyone using Delrin or other similar types of bearings on their smartrap? I know that Reg is using 8MM Delrin bearings and sells them in his web shop. Reg, do you sell 6mm bearings as well?

Thanks,

Jose
Re: I can't bear the bearings anymore!!!!
January 18, 2015 07:47PM
rcjoseb
I can't bear the cheap chinese bearings anymore!!!! They are fine on the rods and then once you install them on the plates, they get this attitude, grind, halt, stop, we are not going anywhere! I don't want to order more from China.

Looking at alternatives I got the diea to remove the balls :-) from insde one of the bearings which produces great results but also results in some play. If I combine one with balls and the other without balls :-) on the same axis, the play is just about eliminated.

Anyone using Delrin or other similar types of bearings on their smartrap? I know that Reg is using 8MM Delrin bearings and sells them in his web shop. Reg, do you sell 6mm bearings as well?

Thanks,

Jose

I could make a few 6mm bushes if needed. I don't have much material left for making them as most has been turned into 8mm bushes.
Give me some measurements to work to. i.e. the outside dimensions.\ that you need.

I am using Delrin bushes on all my later builds, they don't give any problems, are quiet, last a very long time and are smooth running.
No oil or grease needed, just run them dry as is.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
Re: I can't bear the bearings anymore!!!!
January 19, 2015 10:00AM
Thanks Reg. I will let you know. I got some of the kinks worked out somehow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login