Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steppers lifting from base

Posted by solomondg 
Steppers lifting from base
January 25, 2015 07:52PM
So, recently, I've been having a problem with my new Smartrap; due to the oversized build plate (250x250mm glass) the stepper motors can very easily be pulled off or shift off the base. It happens especially with the Y-Stepper, but when the build plate is off to one side, the entire block of 3 steppers can tilt and almost fall over. Are there any solutions? I'm going to try separating the print bed from the rest of the structure, Fabrap style. Is there an easier fix for this?
Re: Steppers lifting from base
January 26, 2015 12:32AM
Crazy glue =)
January 26, 2015 12:35AM
I do not know what version parts you have but on the 4.9.2 there are 2 holes in the y mounting plates that can be used with M4 x 60mm screws to hold down the smartrap to the base, such as wood, mdf, etc.
January 30, 2015 12:38PM
I had the same problem. Even using the two holes in the mounting plate did not help. I printed some Z brackets for the Y and Z motors...it keeps them very snug to the wooden base.

This weekend, I will be testing my addition of a wooden frame that supports and aligns the Z smooth rods. It seems to have really helped with the rigidness of the printer which I hope will in turn, improve the print quality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login