Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help with Z axis

Posted by myk68 
need help with Z axis
June 19, 2015 03:34PM
Hi,

First time of posting so bare with me

I have built this [www.thingiverse.com] . or at least used it as the basis. However the z axis seems to be flimsy and can be lower away from the rail than in to the rail. if you get what i mean, It tilts away from the rails and belt but the platform support was printed flat and level. now the levelness I can compensate with the level screws and springs under the build platform but it changes depending which way it settles to the min stop. up or down.
Also the movement of the z axis is less at the top than when say over 2mm down away from home.

I have not used a belted system before and cant seem to get the belt really tight. over all is a screw thread system more accurate. would I be better with a z platform held at 2 sides instead of one or maybe 2 drive screws on opposite corners and 2 rails on the other corners. although that would be tricky to build now I had to cannibalize the other printer to try this build.

I may have missed some info thats needed to help but let me know.

Mike
Re: need help with Z axis
June 22, 2015 01:28PM
Smartcore is a very similar machine. Some of the same kind of issues. Mandrav converted his to use two Z axis, which might help you to.

mandrav's SmartCore build Link

RCJose did too..

My SMartRapCore Build Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2015 01:30PM by madmike8.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login