Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange layer shift on (modified) Tronxy X5S

Posted by _juergen_ 
Strange layer shift on (modified) Tronxy X5S
June 21, 2019 02:00PM
Hello to all.

I have two 3d-printers. One Anet A6 and my Tronxy X5s.
The Anet is currently not running, but the X5S should.
I have it for a few months and changed some parts.
The Board is an Arduino Mega 2560 with Ramps1.4 and DRV8825 with a tl-smoother module, which also act as a connector changer from the stock Tronxy JST-XH connetors to the corresponding RAMPS Molex one.
I added an BLTouch clone and external MOSFET modules for hotend and hotbed.
The printer ran fine for several weeks but now it behaves very strange.
For example:
When i start UBL bed leveling, the first few points were executed fine, but then the print head starts shifting around (without the noise of the motors, which they normally make when blocked). Same behaviour during printing.
The UBL config is configured in that way (or testing only), that if the probe/nozzle offsets are not correct, the probe still can hit the bed. But, even if the leveling process got finished, the head is not centered anymore but mostly off the bed! Although the displayed coordinates say it is centered...

I checked the current setup of the stock board to be sure to have the correct values set up on the DRV8825. X and Y axis are at 0.9V (for the A4988) which is somewhat around 1.125A. The DRVs were set to ~1.2-1.3A (0.65V) to have enough force and the drivers/motors stay relatively cool. The stock motors were capable of 1.68A, so this should be safe.

And i nearly forget: The printer now has dual Z-axis driver and dual Z-endstops, which work fine. The Z-axis at all makes no problems, but the X/Y and E compensate this more than needed...

Sorry for this long text.

Would be nice, if anyone has some tipps for me, as i am not sure if this is a FW/eletronis problem or a hardware failure.
The connetions between printer and eletronis are all seured by hot glue, which locks them very well but also can be removed very easy.

The firmware i am using is the current Marlin 2.0.x bugfix (downloaded, configured and installed tonight).

Ah yeah.. while typing this, i played a little with the printer. When i use the UBL menu items, i can move the head toallpoint and they were allabove the bed.

G29 T shows all points at monimum 55,55 and maximum 275,275. These settings were just chosen to have safevalues.

Sorry for my english and for eventuallly missing letters...

Greetings
Juergen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 02:02PM by _juergen_.
Re: Strange layer shift on (modified) Tronxy X5S
June 21, 2019 05:56PM
Today i found out that the problem occurs during diagonal moves (when only one motor works).
Moving only x or y is ok. I think everything got some play beause of wear, that causes the mechanic to warp and lock when not moved evenly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login