Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Techzone : extruder controler

Posted by EvergreenTinker 
Techzone : extruder controler
October 08, 2011 05:23PM
Thanks for the help with my last question. But I want to keep you guys on your toes, so I have another!

I have the Techzone remix boards and I understand that they use Gen3 firmware.
I am unable to get Stepper control and a temperature reading. in fact i get the following....

SENDING:M105
T:2000
ok T:2000 B:1989
I am using a thermistor and have SDA/SCL pins on both the mother board and the extruder board hooked up as well as the RS485

Thanks in advance for the help!
Re: Techzone : extruder controler
October 09, 2011 04:23AM
Is it a 100k thermistor.
Measure the resistance of the thermistor at room temperature.
It should be around 100k to 120k.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
October 09, 2011 09:03AM
It's 108K ohms
October 09, 2011 09:29AM
Did you load the firmware to the EC? I think they ship it with their version of the firmware that is set to use their Thermocouple AD board instead of a thermistor for the extruder heater.
October 09, 2011 09:53AM
I have not. I have been reluctant to change anything because I do not have a copy of the firmware that is loaded and don't want to screw anything up.

I bought "the complete" kit and it does not include a A/D converter. My assumption was that was set up for thermister.

My plan today is to bite the bullet and try new firmware.
October 09, 2011 06:35PM
I think that the temperature reading of 2000 is what you get if you don't connect the Thermocouple AD board. So you have to load a firmware for the EC. Note that you have to plug the USB-Serial adapter board directly to the EC and have the 12V power off to load the firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login