Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resplendent RepRap Ripoff, Reiterates Refined Resolutions

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Resplendent RepRap Ripoff, Reiterates Refined Resolutions
March 26, 2007 09:26AM
...or Yet another bootstapper.

I found out about RepRap, and cheap desktop rapid prototyping when there was a small segment on a tv show about the Fab@Home project, a link then brought me here. That was a few days ago, its funny how "Oh wow I'm going to build one." turns into "Well, I'm going to design and build my own*." Where that little asterix ties to some unimaginably tiny type to the effect of "... by stealing everything I can from everyone else." So I don't have the right materials, or the proper tools, or enough skill and knowledge. That last one can be faked with enough duct tape, and probably the first two as well, out of necessity.

So I'm recording the misadventure, building a RepRap compatible machine and test bed for my ideas. In the form of a wiki where my brain farts on to the web and it is captured in its comical confusion.

I just have to thank you guys, everyone that has contributed to RepRap so far for laying the ground work. Thanks a ton everyone, coolest thing I've seen in a long time. tongue sticking out smiley

Ryan
Re: Resplendent RepRap Ripoff, Reiterates Refined Resolutions
March 26, 2007 12:04PM
You might want to take a look at my RepRap variant site at...

[www.3DReplicators.com]
Re: Resplendent RepRap Ripoff, Reiterates Refined Resolutions
March 26, 2007 01:25PM
hey.

glad to have another repstrapper here on board. i'm very happy to see another member joining the movement. anyway, if you'd like to stay compatible with the project, i would highly suggest using our boards and software, and just hacking together your own 3d cartesian robot. that way you only have to 'steal' the software / electronics.

if you're not comfortable with making your own boards, we'll have professional PCB's made up here within 4-6 weeks.

good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login