Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yet more questions on the electronics....

Posted by MotorAssist 
Yet more questions on the electronics....
May 14, 2009 10:03AM
I'm looking at the options for the electronics, particularly Generation 3, and finding there is nothing in the UK.
So, looking at the RRRF shop and Makerbot,I have found that there are (almost?) no kits available for the electronics from RRRF - the only one, for the opto endstops, gives a link saying "product not found"!
Using the kits from Makerbot means incurring large import tax etc charges. The extruder controller, however, is only available as a full kit from Makerbot, so I'll go with that.

Otherwise, going for PCBs, and never having done any hands-on elecronics with PCBs, I have several questions;

1) can a novice really use the instructions on the [www.reprap.org] page to build this thing?

2) I don't know what electronic components are what, so I'd have to get them in - am I going to end up with completely the wrong parts? Or are the BOMs crystal clear?

3) I've looked for solder paste in the UK, and they all have different melting temperatures - does it make a difference? What should I look for?

4) Can solder paste from a tub be used to refill a syringe?

5) How much solder paste (it's sold in multiples of grammes) is involved for making the motherboard, 3 stepper driver boards, extruder controller board, 3 opto endstop boards...

Help!
Cheers,
Hazel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login