Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone tried and FDM Nozzle on a RepRap?

Posted by Curlrup 
Has anyone tried and FDM Nozzle on a RepRap?
September 30, 2009 05:00PM
I might have access to some crusty but still extrude-able FDM nozzles. WOuld that be a good choice for a RepRap. I always lived by the montra no sense in reinventing the wheel. The FDM nozzles are a proven design. Just a thought.

Curly
Re: Has anyone tried and FDM Nozzle on a RepRap?
September 30, 2009 06:05PM
Any chance you could post a picture? I don't think many of us have seen one, let alone have access to one.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 30, 2009 10:22PM
I will try to take some pics here of an old one. It's an old design but I think a good design.
October 01, 2009 07:58PM
Here you go. This is an old crusty support tip it just screws onto the support head. It has some residue on it because it has a small ceramic shroud that protects it and itgets some material between it and the shroud sometimes but a little wire brushing and it would look great and probably work really well too. I shot it against my RP'd (Objet) Carrage part for the Darwin I am building for a size comparison.

I think I am going to try it.
What do you suppose it would cost to have a few thousand of these made?
October 02, 2009 04:01AM
Thanks for the pictures. I think the ceramic shroud is the interresting bit though. I have been using a PTFE shroud to prevent plastic sticking. Being a good insulator its surface is cooler than the nozzle and of course it is the best non-stick material.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 02, 2009 06:45AM
Funny thing is on the material head which uses teh same nozzle it doesn't use a shroud. Straight nozzle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login