Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adjusting the trimpot

Posted by steveo290 
Adjusting the trimpot
July 20, 2010 10:10AM
So I have heard back from TZ and they have said that most likely I burned the chip due to my motors not being at 6ohm or higher and the trimpot allowing too much voltage to pass through the chip. So it looks like I need to adjust my trimpot once I get the board fixed. My question is what is the best way to adjust the trimpot. Is it possible to turn the trim pot all the way down (counter clockwise?), then turn the power on with the motor connected, then signal the extruder to extrude, and turn the trimpot until the motor starts to move? (using TZ remix gen 3, extruder 2.2) Should I be measuring voltage or something as well?
Re: Adjusting the trimpot
July 20, 2010 02:52PM
There is a firmware sketch on the website which would enable you to just test the stepper and adjust the trimpot until the motor starts to move, so you don't have to mess around with clicking extrude. Remember on the extruder board, the trimpot is just a setting and has no physical control over the current. That is done by the firmware reading the pot setting and then setting the PWM suitably

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login