Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Solid Mendel Pieces?

Posted by steveo290 
Solid Mendel Pieces?
August 09, 2010 06:05PM
When I print my mendel pieces the parts I have printed, some gears and a few bar clamps, the pieces are hollow and then some infill is put in at the end. I found a .zip file that said Solid Mendel STL's or something of that nature, but those files printed the same type of files. Are all the pieces going to be hollow? Is there a way to make the pieces solid? Is this question in the wrong section?
Re: Solid Mendel Pieces?
August 09, 2010 07:05PM
An STL file is ALWAYS SOLID, it is your slicer program (either the RepRap Host or Skeinforge) that you need to tell to use 100% fill (instead of 20% default for Skeinforge).

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
August 10, 2010 07:57AM
Ok thanks for the quick answer. I think I have decided to move to Skeinforge. I spent a few hours last night trying to get things setup. I used the settings found on the wiki. I ran into some trouble with with M codes crashing the reprap host software though, going to post in the other channel about it.
August 12, 2010 02:07AM
steveo290 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok thanks for the quick answer. I think I have
> decided to move to Skeinforge. I spent a few hours
> last night trying to get things setup. I used the
> settings found on the wiki. I ran into some
> trouble with with M codes crashing the reprap host
> software though, going to post in the other
> channel about it.

You need a spezial Skeinforge !
The normal Skeinforge did not work with the new Reprap Host. There must be a Patch in the Export.py that delete the "wrong" M-Codes.

Mfg
Wolfgang
Aller Anfang war schwer - Wolfstrap Reprap-fab.org Meine Meinung

Erfahrungen kann man leider schlecht weiter geben, die muss man selber machen.
August 12, 2010 05:42PM
I got the newest skeinforge working with RR host! I had to turn off the heated bed plugin which is fine since I no has a heated bed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login