Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootlaoder problems

Posted by yellowfrog 
Bootlaoder problems
September 26, 2010 08:09AM
I am getting this error when trying to burn the boot loader to my motherboard, yes the board is powered seperatly, ive gone for the maker bot setup so i can use a PC power supply.

avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.
VDX
Re: Bootlaoder problems
September 26, 2010 02:20PM
... what type of programmer?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 26, 2010 02:25PM
usptinyisp
VDX
September 26, 2010 02:32PM
... have you connected the 6-pin ICSP- or the 10-pin JTAG-port?

AFAIK you have to specify the type of interface more secific - i've burned my old C51- and Atmel-CPU's with '2-wire-SPI' with a 10-pin JTAG interface, but haven't tried this with the motherboard or extruder controller ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

September 26, 2010 03:08PM
i connected both.
September 27, 2010 05:20PM
Still not had any luck bootloading the motherboard, still getting it not finding gthe mobo. Are there any steps missing from the page on the wikia or any hints or tips out there?
VDX
September 28, 2010 03:46AM
... have you to bootload It? Was the Chip empty?

For bootloading my Atmegas i have different tools, where i have to declare the ports and communication protocolls.

My Motherboard came with a preinstalled bootloader, so i have only to use the USB-RS232-interface for uploading the firmware ...

Viktor
--------

September 28, 2010 12:15PM
Chip is blank as far asIi know, wikia says to bootload it.
September 30, 2010 05:40PM
Still no luck, have now tried things like only one cable to chip and also no antivirus, any sugestions out there? plz?
VDX
October 01, 2010 04:17AM
... i can't help you much, because i don't have the programmer sad smiley

Search all infos for the USBtinyISP and look in the specific forums, there are much more people using this daily ...

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login