Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recent entry into the RepRap world

Posted by remailednet 
Recent entry into the RepRap world
September 11, 2011 01:18PM
I generally one of the lurkers, and will most likely stay that way. But I thought that I should at least voice my experience and get counted in the RepRap world.

I started building my Prusa in July, and was up and running very early August. It's a pretty run of the mill Prusa.
Couple of specs:
Plastic's came from thorstads on eBay and a vitamin kit from svkrobotkits on eBay.
I milled Gen7 electronics in my garage on a Solsylva 10x9 cnc built a month earlier. Using Teacup firmware.
The electronic components came from Mouser.
Stepper motors and usb->serial breakout board were from Solabotics.
I originally bought a hot end from TechZoneCom. But now I'm using a MakerGear one.
So far all my filament has come from UltiMachine.
Using SkeinForge or SFACT (switching back and forth), along with Printer Interface for gcode generation and host software.

By reading other peoples problems on blogs and the forums I was able to get up and running pretty quickly using SkeinForge 41.

One of the first things I did, was to order some LM8UU's and print off an entirely new set of plastics, which then went right on. Nothing wrong with the parts from thorstads, just merely for my own satisfaction.

I'd really like to thank (not in any particular order) :
Traumflug and anyone else helping out with the Gen7 electronics. That made it really easy to get up and running.
Also, Triffid Hunter and crew for the Teacup firmware. RepRapLogPhase and OhmEye had some great videos to let me know that I was doing it correctly. Kliment for Printer Interface. Enrique and Ahmetcemturan for SkeinForge and SFACT. Greg Frost for designing some upgrades. Josef Prusa for making it easier to build a Mendel. All of the RepRap founding fathers. Everyone who had similar problems along the way and the people who helped them so I could learn.

Now for the big question: I've been out in my garage every chance I get since I've built it. How do I stop?
Re: Recent entry into the RepRap world
September 11, 2011 02:14PM
> Now for the big question: I've been out in my garage every chance I get since I've built it. How do I stop?

You don't. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login