Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone bought from the UK based Company called 'The Reprap Kit Store' ??? Please Help !!

Posted by offtherails2010 
Hello & Good day to you all,

I have recently stumbled upon a Reprap selling company in the UK, selling at a fair rate for UK mainland deliveries (And Worldwide) but i haven't seen much info about this new company and cant seem to find any reviews from anyone that has bought a reprap from them...

Has anybody purchased from this company before and had the 3d printer fully operational ?

The company's name is 'The Reprap Kit Store' and the link below is to the product page of a reprap named 'Longboat Prusa'...

[www.thereprapkitstore.co.uk]

I have almost saved £500 to spend on a reprap and The Reprap Kit Store are selling their repraps for only £450 excluding postage & packing ! Also - all the electronics are pre-soldered and ready to go as i dont have great soldering skills at the moment and dont think my soldering skills to get any better than they are now (Quite bad to non-existant!).

Electronics being Pre-Soldered is a huge eye catcher to me and probably anyone else too, im just praying that this company delivers as advertised !

Not a bad price i think - as most 3d printers are around the £800 to £1000 price tag - as i cant wait buying a reprap separately or wait the extremely long waiting time/s to get the 'Loaner-Program' started.

If anyone out there has purchased a Longboat Prusa, please please please would you be able to post back here just to confirm if this company is genuine and a few details on the quality of printer ?

I am on the brink of buying one from them myself but i would be most grateful if anyone can confirm this company is the real-deal !

Also i have emailed the company itself & will post back my findings if my eagerness gets the better of me & i end up buying from this company.

I will have the cash needed to buy one Longboat Prusa from this company by end of March 2012 so from now till then i am begging anyone out there who has bought from The Reprap Kit Store !!!

Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this plea for help and for responding with any advice given !

kind regards,

Oneil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 05:50PM by offtherails2010.
The product sure looks nice in the photo's, but it's nothing new just a Standard Prusa with Linear bearings and doing a price comparison with what I sell in New Zealand the price is about what I would expect

Many thanks for both your input, it is most appreciated!

As you say its a standard prusa design & its been upgraded with linear bearings & also a heated bed all included ! A very enticing offer!

Also thanks for letting me know about their prusa parts through their ebay store! I'm more inclined to get hold of a 3d printer from The Reprap Kit Store, when i have enough cash saved!

Please keep the comments coming !

Again, many thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 03:48PM by offtherails2010.
hi, i bought one Longboat Prusa from this store, you can see my comments here.
Hello !

Many thanks HJ, a very well written review ! Just the kinda confirmation i was after !

Also many thanks to all !

Please keep the comments coming if any !!!

Major thanks in advance!
I bought my hardware kit from them. Straightforward, no real problems, one minor in that the hobbed bolt was for Wades extruder as described , the hot end they sent was for Adrians. Since I'm building with Wade's I had to do a little hack, but no major problem.
Parts ordered Oct 23rd , arrived Oct 26th (I'm based in the UK).

Mike
Good-day Mike,

Thanks so much for the info, i am most grateful !

& Wow ! thats an amazingly quick delivery time from the ordered date, quite impressed with that alone!

I'm about 2 months from buying a Prusa, more and more likely from The Reprap Kit Store now, again a Major thanks for taking the time to respond to my question, extremely instrumental !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login