Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STL Inch to Metric Teacup Pronterface Sfact

Posted by rossfree 
STL Inch to Metric Teacup Pronterface Sfact
December 11, 2011 03:00PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to print some stl files I created at work. When I pull them into Pronterface, they look really really small. I assume they are comming in as metric conversions. How do I change the settings so that they come in as inch conversions? I have been looking but don't know where (Sfact???)

Stuck and needing an answer.

Thank you!

Ross

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Re: STL Inch to Metric Teacup Pronterface Sfact
December 11, 2011 06:21PM
You need to change the sw that generated the STL file to save in mm instead of inches. If you can't do that, you can use Meshlab to scale the STL file by 25.4 in all directions. There's also a scale plugin in Skeinforge that may also be in SFACT that you might be able to use. But since I've never used that feature much, I don't know if that would work well.
December 11, 2011 06:38PM
You can always DL ReplicatorG. It has a pretty handy convert in>mm and mm>in along with some other handy but simple .stl manipulation tools.

I don't know why this hasn't been added to Pronterface yet.

www.Fablicator.com
December 11, 2011 08:30PM
Thanks all, I was pulling my hair out looking for the "switch". With all that's in there, I am surprised that there isn't something simple to scale everything without having to convert it. But then... I didn't lift a finger to write the code. :-)

I'll find the mm switch and re-save the stl files in mm. (now i've got to find THAT switch)

**bother**

:-)

Ross

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
December 13, 2011 09:48PM
Re-creatd the STL files at work in metric. That did the trick!

Thank you!

Ross

December 29, 2011 04:11AM
netfabb can quickly convert units too! smiling smiley i use it to reorient my models, and swap units if need be
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login