Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface wont talk to slic3r

Posted by DanDodson 
Pronterface wont talk to slic3r
June 17, 2012 10:38PM
Hello,
Just received my printrbot in the mail and am trying to set up software. Have downloaded pronterface and slicer and have changed the slicecommand and sliceoptcommands to the directory I installed them in. This is what I typed in slicecommand.
C:/Users/dodsond/Downloads/slic3r-mswin-x86-0-8-2/Slic3r $s --load C:/Users/dodsond/Downloads/slic3r-mswin-x86-0-8-2/Slic3r --output $o
This is what I put in sliceoptcommands.
C:/Users/dodsond/Downloads/slic3r-mswin-x86-0-8-2/Slic3r --load C:/Users/dodsond/Downloads/slic3r-mswin-x86-0-8-2/Slic3r --ignore-nonexistent-config
The message that I recieve is this.
Entering skeinforge settings: C:/Users/dodsond/Downloads/slic3r-mswin-x86-0-8-2/Slic3r --load C:/Users/dodsond/Downloads/slic3r-mswin-x86-0-8-2/Slic3r --ignore-nonexistent-config
Skeinforge execution failed: [Error 5] Access is denied

This is where I am stuck and I can't move forward until I figure this out.
Help please!
Dan
Re: Pronterface wont talk to slic3r
June 17, 2012 11:00PM
Try putting slic3r in a different location... Mine is located in a folder within the Pronterface folder.
June 18, 2012 04:06PM
I moved the programs and the config.ini files to these directories.
C:/Users/dodsond/3dprinter/Slic3r $s --load C:/Users/dodsond/3dprinter --output $o
C:/Users/dodsond/3dprinter/Slic3r --load C:/Users/dodsond/3dprinter --ignore-nonexistent-config

This is the error that it gave me so no luck so far
Entering skeinforge settings: C:/Users/dodsond/3dprinter/Slic3r --load C:/Users/dodsond/3dprinter --ignore-nonexistent-config
Skeinforge execution failed: [Error 5] Access is denied

Any more ideas?
June 18, 2012 07:01PM
The --load is expecting an ini file, not a path.

I have this for slicecommand:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Slic3r\slic3r.exe" $s --load c:\users\stephen\documents\ABS35x25-70-fan-25fill-hex-bed.ini --output $o

And this for sliceopscommand:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Slic3r\slic3r.exe" $s --load c:\users\stephen\documents\ABS35x25-70-fan-25fill-hex-bed.ini --ignore-nonexistent-config

The ABS35x25-70-fan-25fill-hex-bed.ini is my config file for abs filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login