Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Urgent help: Initializing PIC-MP-USB on MPLAB X IDE

Posted by strikom 
Urgent help: Initializing PIC-MP-USB on MPLAB X IDE
August 07, 2012 10:45AM
Hi,
Im new with the PIC microcontrollers and microcontroller programming tools. I have recently purchased an OLIMEX PIC-MCP-USB device to program a PIC 16F84 microcontroller. I have downloaded the required drivers as well i think (USB - Serial Conversion). After i have connected my deviced with the microcontroller mounted on it, I run the MPLAB X IDE and try to configure a new project .It asks me to select a hardware dev, the list only shows PICkit2, PICkit3, simulator etc. it does not show my device anywhere. there are red and green signals next to the devices which i have no understanding of. THe device is brand new. I am hoping if some one can help me initialize the deivce. The need is urgent.

Best regards.
Re: Urgent help: Initializing PIC-MP-USB on MPLAB X IDE
August 07, 2012 02:20PM
I don't know why you ask here, but does this page help [www.olimex.com] ?

It says it should be detected as "PICSTART+", whatever that is.
Re: Urgent help: Initializing PIC-MP-USB on MPLAB X IDE
August 10, 2012 07:09AM
(This is off-topic for this bit of the forum, PM me if you need any more info.)

If I understand your problem correctly, the Olimex board is a Picstart Plus clone (which is a programmer, not an emulator).

Select "Simulator" when setting up the project in MPLAB, then when you want to program the device, select "Picstart Plus" from the "Programmers" menu. (I use MPLAB 8.2, so the menus may be slightly different)

Lee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login