Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Max vs a DLP resin printer

Posted by Leozack 
Mendel Max vs a DLP resin printer
October 29, 2012 04:02PM
Hi all - I'm looking for insight regarding these different printing techniques. My friend has an MM printer which is quite good, though the line-y end results would benefit from a cleanup/rubdown. I've looked into resin printing (it's magic!) and I see that appears to do HD details easier and be usable in a normally lit room.

He reckons the parts I need for an MM would be about £400-500 but I can't find a guide/parts list/price etc for a resin based printer.

He says he can get 100m of filament for about £30. Apparently resin tends to cost £150 for 1kg. I'm not sure which is going to make more models, £150 of filament or £150 of resin - but I can imagine if the resin is making models cost £10-20 to print then you'd not bother printing anything!

So yeah I'm wondering if there are any project guides on building a resin one, along with costs, and printing costs vs an MM with filament.

All input appreciated smiling smiley
VDX
Re: Mendel Max vs a DLP resin printer
October 29, 2012 04:21PM
... this forum contains much information about resins and DLP-printing: [forums.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: Mendel Max vs a DLP resin printer
October 29, 2012 06:38PM
If I were you I'd go for a MM/other reprap. They're pretty mature and stable, and if you follow the build instructions it'll work. Cheap resin printers seem to be composed mainly of one-off builds or kickstarter projects. Not that they wouldn't be better when you got them to work, but that could take a very long time. I like that my prusa sits on my desk next to my pc printing stuff most of the time, and there aren't any messy resins to clean off the parts or anything, just print, let cool, pop off and it's done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login