Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Mondo, just made one if anyone needs advice

Posted by sealdogfish 
Reprap Mondo, just made one if anyone needs advice
April 29, 2012 07:47AM
Hi, just made a reprap mondo from techzonecom.com, If anyone is thinking of buying the kit I can offer some free advice smiling smiley
I have printed 200 (3mm pla) and some abs successfully, there have been a few problems along the way though..
hot smiley

Here is a video:
[www.youtube.com]
Hi there and well done!
I have been plagued with problems on my build and i always anticipate it was the controlling of the electronics I would be struggling with.
After botching things along - with no instructions and poor level of support from Techzone, i am now trying to figure out how the control the board. Again, little help seem to be available on this.
I plugged in one stepper motor just to see if I could get the recommended Repstrapper to step it, but I am not certian I have control of it, and would like a more definitive way to set the current other than by touch temperature. Why not a definitive currernt through the windings?

Anyway, if you could give me a shout, I would love to benifit from your experience on this as I am seriously at the point of throwing it back at them to try to get my money back.

I am in London UK by the way.
I got this for work to make things in our Medical Research Labs where we are trying to help in the treatment and care of Patients with movement disorders including Stroke, so that is my motivation to move forwards.

Many thanks,

Paul
Hi, sealdogfish!

I have completed my mondo, but I have not being able to "communicate" with the machine. I have instaled all the electronics, and energized the motors, even I have calibrated the currents by touch, but I am unable to send commands to the printer via USB and have not find clear instructions on how to call the printer, upgrade the firmware or anything else that have helped me (this is my first 3d printer), if you could be so kind of pointing me in the right direction, I will be more than grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Reprap Mondo, just made one if anyone needs advice
December 14, 2012 10:40PM
doesnt look like the first guy is active.... hasnt been here in 8 monthes. well, im working on a mondo aswell, and im pretty newb, but id recommend using 'pronterface' as a program to start, know what 'baud rate' you need and see if the COM port is the usb that you plug into... let me know how things go!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login