Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MendelMax Done! Few question

Posted by jonasl 
MendelMax Done! Few question
June 02, 2012 02:39PM
First of all, thanks to everyone so far for the great help getting my Oversize MendelMax together!
Special thanks to Tommy C from HK. He has been amazingly helpful in helping me get parts!

Just finished my first prints which was a success. First print of the cube came out looking great!
After calibrating my extruder, I printed this object. Its a Coffee Tamper 86mm tall. During the infill, it would sometimes create a little blob which the hotend would hit duing the next few infills- quite violent.

[flic.kr]
[flic.kr]

Also, the lower part and the top part is not as nice looking as the middle.
Any ideas why this would be?

I was printing PLA @ 185degrees, Bed 60degrees, J-Head(0,35) on Gregs Acc Extruder, Marlin, Slic3e. 0,2 Layer Height, 0.5 Infill, with a fan on the hotend.

If you can see something that is obviously not right, feel free to comment!

Jonas
Re: MendelMax Done! Few question
June 02, 2012 04:04PM
Beautiful first print! Some people would commit a crime for this print quality. Awesome job with the build and calibration!

Turn your heated bed down after the first layer or two. Personally I go from 55 to 35 - your mileage may vary.

I'm sure others will comment on the minor banding.

Great job all around!

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
Re: MendelMax Done! Few question
June 04, 2012 04:43AM
Hi Akhlut.

Thanks for the kind words.
Honestly, I was quite surprised as well.

One of the problems is that the heated bed is heavy. Its 300x300mm, and while I am still looking for some dibond, I am using MDF. Also, the heated platform is thick 3mm alu. so just the size alone will make it more than double the weight of a normal 200x200mm

I played with the accelleration numbers in Marlin, and everything seems alot smoother now than before when it would shake quite badly.

Now my J-head is acting up, but that will be another post.

Jonas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login