Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y axis assembly and 1 print plate

Posted by kickinthethroat 
Y axis assembly and 1 print plate
February 12, 2013 08:42PM
Hello all, this is my first post, but I've been at work on my prusa I2 for a few weeks now, off and on.

I am attempting to connect the print plate to the Y belt, and I have some questions. First, my smooth rods are above the threaded rods, and I am using the 1 print plate only, as described in I2 threads.

I've attached some pictures of my setup, since one belt clamp fits in between the print plate and the belt, I assume I should sandwich the belt between 2 belt clamps, with the first one being a spacer, making it as parallel as possible. How should I secure this? Should I just drill through the print plate, and put the nuts on the other end? I assume that would make things not level...

Should I use a screw, to screw into both belt clamps, and the piece of wood, but not going through the wood?

I plan on using a hot plate and a plate of glass on top of the wood print plate, so not sure if nuts on the other side of the print plate would matter?

The instructions on the wiki talk about the 2 print plates... does anyone have a link to instructions referencing the i2 design of just the 1?

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 07:55PM by kickinthethroat.
Attachments:
open | download - prusa1.jpg (248.4 KB)
open | download - prusa2.jpg (157.8 KB)
open | download - prusa3.jpg (159 KB)
open | download - prusa4.jpg (176.4 KB)
Re: Y axis assembly
February 13, 2013 07:54PM
So I'm thinking bolts with nuts (instead of screws), to get more of the clamping action on the belt clamps. Then I can use the nuts on the top side to adjust the heat bed to level, if it's not already. I just need to get some M3 bolts longer than 20mm (SAE equivalent?)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login