Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem: Skeinforge can't save?

Posted by PeteD 
Problem: Skeinforge can't save?
February 16, 2013 05:53PM
I've been avoiding Skeinforge up to now, but I'm finally biting the bullet and setting it up. I've been using Pronterface as the frontend to skienforge and I cannot seem to get the gcode file saved once it is sliced. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? The error code is listed below.

Thanks!

Slice layer count 29...
Slice layer count 30...
Slice layer count 31...
Slice layer count 32...
Slice layer count 33...
Carve procedure took 1 second.

Exception traceback in getModuleWithDirectoryPath in archive:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\fabmetheus_utilities\archive.py", line 217, in getModuleWithDirectoryPath

folderPluginsModule = __import__(fileName)

ImportError: No module named unpause

That error means; could not import a module with the fileName unpause

and an absolute directory name of C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "./skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_utilities/skeinforge_craft.py", line 227, in

main()

File "./skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_utilities/skeinforge_craft.py", line 224, in main

writeOutput(' '.join(sys.argv[1 :]), False)

File "./skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_utilities/skeinforge_craft.py", line 135, in writeOutput

return pluginModule.writeOutput(fileName, shouldAnalyze)

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\export.py", line 275, in writeOutput

gcodeText = skeinforge_craft.getChainTextFromProcedures(fileName, procedures[: -1], gcodeText)

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_utilities\skeinforge_craft.py", line 44, in getChainTextFromProcedures

text = craftModule.getCraftedText(fileName, text)

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\preface.py", line 84, in getCraftedText

return getCraftedTextFromText(archive.getTextIfEmpty(fileName, text), repository)

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\preface.py", line 92, in getCraftedTextFromText

return PrefaceSkein().getCraftedGcode(repository, text)

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\preface.py", line 214, in getCraftedGcode

self.addInitializationToOutput()

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\preface.py", line 172, in addInitializationToOutput

self.addToolSettingLines(pluginFileName)

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\preface.py", line 197, in addToolSettingLines

preferences = skeinforge_craft.getCraftPreferences(pluginName)

File "C:\Software-master\skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_utilities\skeinforge_craft.py", line 60, in getCraftPreferences

return settings.getReadRepository(getCraftModule(pluginName).getNewRepository()).preferences

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getNewRepository'
Re: Problem: Skeinforge can't save?
February 16, 2013 06:44PM
Can you post the .stl you are trying to slice?
February 16, 2013 07:11PM
It is just a simple 0.5mm walled calibration box. I've tried this on a few different .stl files, and all of them are having the same problem.
Attachments:
open | download - 0.5mm-thin-wall.stl (86.6 KB)
February 16, 2013 09:11PM
It's either your Python install, or your version of Skeinforge.

You need Python version 2.7.3, and I have been using Skeinforge 50 without any issues. That file slices and saves with no errors.

[www.python.org]
[fabmetheus.crsndoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2013 09:16PM by Dirty Steve.
February 17, 2013 04:02AM
Are you running 32 or 64bit system? I remember when I setup SF/Pronterface that although I run 64bit Windows I had to install all 32bit python etc. to get it to work.
February 17, 2013 06:48AM
I am running Python 2.7.3, I have the 32 bit version installed on my old 32 bit machine, and I am using Skeinforge 50. I've tried the pre-loaded version on RepRapPro's github site here. Still doesn't work.
February 17, 2013 12:36PM
Try Skeinforge from the original source of the software:

[fabmetheus.crsndoo.com]

Pretty much any other source of Skeinforge is a modified version.

I have had issues with modified versions of SF, like the Sfact version support plugin had been modified and would create support on the top of sliced models. Replaced with Fabmetheus support plugin and problem solved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2013 04:51PM by Dirty Steve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login