Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help please! I can't get Marlin to work and I've tried everything!

Posted by jy.ding1 
Help please! I can't get Marlin to work and I've tried everything!
April 21, 2013 04:06PM
I've tried to get marlin to work for about 2 weeks now and I am super frustrated. I've searched all over the forums to figure out a solution but none of them seem to work, or they only work for about five minutes then it goes back to the error. I'm running RAMPS 1.4 and on marlin V1 and every time I try to run Pronterface I get prompted this message:
Connecting...
start
Printer is now online.
echo: External Reset
Marlin 1.0.0
echo: Last Updated: Apr 18 2013 22:13:55 | Author: (none, default config)
Compiled: Apr 18 2013
echo: Free Memory: 5519 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
ok T:0.0 /0.0 B:0.0 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
Error:Temperature heated bed switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !!
Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting).
I've read on the forums that there is something wrong with the pins so I double checked all my pin definitions, and I double checked all of my settings for marlin and they all seem to be fine. I can't figure out why its not working and why I'm getting that message since its usually mintemp triggered. All my connections are fine and it sometimes works for about 5-10 minutes then it would just default back to that message and now it wont even work. Please help!!!
Re: Help please! I can't get Marlin to work and I've tried everything!
April 21, 2013 04:31PM
MAXTEMP occurs when the thermistor is shorted, or if you have the wrong thermistor table selected. Measure the resistance across the thermistor at room temperature, it should be a bit over 100K.
April 21, 2013 04:38PM
Oh never mind. I just figured it out tongue sticking out smiley Have a nice day!
April 22, 2013 04:48AM
Great that it's working.

Can you let us know what was going on. It could help someone else in the same situation smiling smiley

Pete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login