Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer Interface missing buttons

Posted by Spazmor 
Printer Interface missing buttons
April 22, 2013 09:13AM
Hi RepRapers,

I'm just commisioning a Tricolour Mendel (Melzi v2.0)

I was missing the "GET POS" button from the printer interface.

I tried deleting these .pronsolerc or .skeinforge and reloading the software but that just made me lose the "GET Temp" button aswell sad smiley

so I poked around in the directory, found the custombtn.old and managed to add the "GET Temp" and "GET POS" buttons but I guess I'm also missing the "HOME ALL" button.

Does anyone know how I can get the correct interface or where I've gone wrong?
Re: Printer Interface missing buttons
April 22, 2013 09:58AM
Hi There,

I'm in the process of commissioning a Tricolour mendel too. Did you download the software from the reprapro github? https://github.com/reprappro/Software

I got it from here and it had everything ready to go.

Hope this helps,

Pete
April 22, 2013 10:17AM
Thanks for the reply Pete,

Yes, that's the file.. it's still missing buttons for me sad smiley

one more question: how did you wire the heatbed's LED an reistor?
April 22, 2013 01:57PM
Strange about the buttons. . .

The heat bed LED is wired in series with a resistor across the power connections for the bed. You should have the resistor for that in the kit somewhere.

I've just finished calibrating the position of the heads on mine, and the first three colour test print is appearing as I'm writing this. It's been a bit of a painfull process at times to get here, but worth it. I'm happy to help with any other questions you have.

Pete
April 22, 2013 03:56PM
Did you have another version of Pronterface installed previously, or the pre-compiled version? Pronterface usually creates a hidden folder with preferences in it. Any new version of Pronterface installed uses the old preferences. It's called .pronsolerc and you find it in your user home folder. On a Windows PC, that's usually the folder that has 'My Documents', 'My Pictures' etc in it. Try deleting that folder, and possibly any backups. You may need to re-download the 'Software' folder.

If you could report back whether this works, I'll update the instructions.
April 23, 2013 09:15AM
Thanks guys.

I didn't realise it also created files in my profile.

Once removed I got most buttons back.

Now I've wired up the bed LED but I can't get the bed to heat up. If I set the bed temp to 70 it never heats.
I'm getting 0 volts at the bed/controler connections. Any ideas?
April 23, 2013 09:30AM
@Spazmor - what temperature is your bed thermistor reporting? It should read the ambient temperature. It has to be above 0 but below 70 for the bed to switch on. If it's -273, your bed thermistor isn't working - check your wiring.
April 23, 2013 09:34AM
I think maybe my Thermister is broke. I tested it with my multimeter set to 2000ohms & get 003, then I set multi to 00 (which i suspect is meant to be 100 and the preceding 1 has rubbed off) I get 03.5
April 23, 2013 09:36AM
yea thanks Drostarts, I'm gettin like -270 or something.
Might pull it all apart and retest thermister
April 23, 2013 11:30AM
It was shorting. Fixed
April 24, 2013 08:10AM
Had a semi successful print last night.

The gcode loads the creation onto the very edge of the raft. actually slightly off one side of it (+X side) and the print ends up slightly hanging off that corner.

Also when I "Centre" the bed the extruder isn't in the exact centre. Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login