Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Homing

Posted by MD2013 
Help with Homing
May 17, 2013 08:43AM
Seems like this should be pretty simple once everything else is working but I have another question about homing the axis, watched a lot of vidoes of people showing it working but not how it was calibrated and the documentation I've read is not clear to me.

I move the Y axis all the way to the front, esentially Y bed is all the way back, X all the way to the left and Z all the way down a paper's width above the bed. My question is when I have it at that point do I just connect to pronterface and click the "Home All" button? Do I put the axis all the way to where the end stops are tripped when I cick home all or shuld they be just before triggering the end stops?

Also does anythign need to be done to save the settings or will pronterface reconnect where it left off last?

Thanks,
Marc
Re: Help with Homing
May 17, 2013 09:05AM
Power off,

Manually put all the axis in their center position.

Power up,

Click Home All.

All axis's should move towards the endstops on their own slowly.

If any axis moves away from their intended endstop, shut down the machine and you will need to flip the homing direction in your firmware. (Sprinter or Marlin)

Each axis should stop as soon as they activate their respective endstop.

Depending on your firmware settings, it may even stop and change direction and then approach the end-stop even slower to be more precise.
Re: Help with Homing
May 17, 2013 09:36AM
Excellent thanks! So I was making it harder than it is, what's new smiling smiley I'll give it a shot as soon as I get my one replacement stepper in driver today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login