Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fan - no fan

Posted by charlieRC 
fan - no fan
May 25, 2013 01:48PM
I am fairly new to 3d printing and so far have had fairly good luck as the quality of my prints keeps improving. I have a prusa using budaschnozzle with no fan. I have been thinking that the fan might help me some how but really don't know "with what". I guess if it's not broke, it might not need fixing, but since I don't know what a fan would do for me quality wise, I may not know if it needs fixing.

Can I get some opinions about fan/no fan?

Charlie
Re: fan - no fan
May 25, 2013 01:57PM
Well it depends on what you are printing. If you mainly print PLA then you may want a fan. I use that hotend, but the n 2.0 version and have no problems printing with ABS, which is what I mainly use. I am trying PLA and it doesn't seem to print good and from what I have been told a fan with fix my issues with PLA. I am printing a mod for my printer to allow me to attach a fan and see if that helps with the PLA issues.
Re: fan - no fan
May 25, 2013 02:09PM
Thanks Lotw,
I print exclusively ABS at this point, so maybe it would not have any advantage to me. I went ahead and designed and printed a x-carriage that incorporated the fan mount and a belt tensioner, but I have been putting off swapping it out with my regular one. Maybe I'll wait until I have a better reason to.

Thanks again

Charlie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login