Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help testing/tuning electronics.

Posted by TheFerminator 
Need help testing/tuning electronics.
July 08, 2013 01:15AM
Hello, I finally got my electronics from reprapdiscount hooked up to some steppers and power. The test firmware comes up, but I do not think the motors are moving correctly. There was a thread somewhere on here about tuning the pot on the drivers, but I can't seem to find it any more. Also, is there a video somewhere of what the test firmware is supposed to do?

Any help would be welcome.
Re: Need help testing/tuning electronics.
July 08, 2013 11:51AM
if you stick a piece of tape on the end and it should look like a flag waving if you understand what i mean it doesnt spin around if your thinking its should it swaps direction

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 08, 2013 04:08PM
When I had it running last night the X and Y motors seemed to be shaking, not really waving back and forth, and one(I think it was the X motor) would occasionally spin fast in one direction. The Z motors weren't doing anything. I didn't have tape on them though, I will check them again this evening and upload a video.

My motors have A, A common, A-, B, B common, and B-. Am I correct that A=A1, A-=A2, B=B1, and B-=B2?
Anonymous User
July 08, 2013 05:54PM
The wiring sounds right, but if the connections are bad, you can have "shaking," especially if just one wire isn't making good connection. Also it could be a firmware problem. Did you upload Sprinter? Or did you just plug it in with what it had on it already?
July 08, 2013 06:02PM
I just plugged it in with what it already had on it. I will check continuity when I get home from work.
July 08, 2013 09:42PM
All right, I have checked all my wires, and they all appear to have good connection. See a video of what it is doing here.
July 09, 2013 04:34PM
Okay guys I think I fond my problem. I was just looking online and the pins on the ramps board are actually labbled 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b. With the number representing the coil, not the letter as I thought. I will rewire things when I get home and pray that this is the problem.
Anonymous User
July 09, 2013 09:39PM
That's probably it.
July 10, 2013 03:28PM
Problem solved, now it is time to start configuring repetier-firmware.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login