Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X Y Z slamming into end stops

Posted by Tasteywheat 
X Y Z slamming into end stops
January 28, 2013 09:15PM
Hi All,
I'm at the commissioning stage of building my first RepRap Huxley. It’s also the first 3D printer I've put together but not my first CNC machine.

The problem that I’m having is that when I home X, Y or Z using G28 X0, then the relevant carriage accelerates quite fast but does stop in time when once it triggers the end stop. I've tested, successfully, all end stops individually as per the commissioning stage instructions.

I've reached “Homing” just before “Step 3: Alignment” using the instructions here:
http://www.reprap.org/wiki/RepRapPro_Huxley_commissioning

The end stops are my only concern thus far.

I’m currently running stock marlin firmware on melzi electronics (RepRapPro Huxley kit).

Any suggestions on a solution ?
Re: X Y Z slamming into end stops
January 28, 2013 10:23PM
Slow down your homing feedrate in your firmware... if it's all stock marlin there's some other things you should slow down as well like jerk and acceleration. Also if your steps per mm is wrong that will make things too fast or too slow...
January 28, 2013 10:27PM
Thanks for the reply I will give it a go this evening and post back
January 29, 2013 08:44AM
also check your axis are movin in the correct direction and your endstops are set correctly in the settings.
January 30, 2013 03:33PM
Hi guys,

I lowered the homing rate and found that it still moved moved slightly causing the motor to strain a little before it backed off. To fix the issue I simply bent the limit switch levers outward until the motors no longer strained during the homing process.

I have since reverted to the original homing speed and it now works as expected.
July 18, 2013 09:55AM
How did you slow your homing rate? Is that a different GCode command than max feed rate?

Thanks for any info...
July 18, 2013 12:23PM
Its in th firmware

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 18, 2013 02:08PM
Okay, how might I access this in the firmware? I'm using Marlin FW; pronterface, and Slic3r for software interface...

Thanks in advance for more detail on how to slow down the Z-axis homing. It's skipping steps and slamming.
:-/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login