Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Query about Prusa Air 2 firmware

Posted by Athena 
Query about Prusa Air 2 firmware
October 06, 2013 02:42PM
Hello there,

I hope there's someone there who can really help me out with this thing...
Recently I have purchased a full kit Prusa Air 2 and successfully built it.Note that the kit included a cd with Marlin firmware and Repetier-host as the printer software.

When it comes to firmware I have some issues.
It seems I cant upload anything when the RAMPS shield is attached to arduino. A sync error appears and the firmware is not uploaded.
I finally managed to upload the marlin firmware by disconnecting the RAMPS and after uploading I attached the shield on.
When I'm getting to finally connect it to Repetier-Host (that's the one I'm using, also tried Pronterface with no luck connecting) it connects but motors and everything else is dead. No command is given.

Also The EEPROM Settings tab is disabled (faded) so I cant access it.

When I switched to sprinter firmware and connected to Repetier-Host, the motors, all of them moved and took commands but only to one direction. Also the resistor seems to not responding at all.

I checked all the wiring and its perfect. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Athena
Re: Query about Prusa Air 2 firmware
October 07, 2013 04:10PM
Sounds like a short on the RAMPs board. Check your endstop connections and make sure they are on GND and Signal and not GND and VCC.
October 07, 2013 04:35PM
Hey thanks for the quick response...

Tell me something, when the end-stop connection is fine then a red led in lit when pressed in right ?
Everything seems to be connected just fine, what do you mean by GRND and SIG ? The cable has 3 inputs...

Thanks in advance !!!

Athena
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_0162.jpg (351.7 KB)
October 07, 2013 05:17PM
What version of RAMPs are you using? There are three wires on the endstops. Vcc (5 volts), GND (ground or 0 volts) and Signal. When a switch is tripped it connects the signal line to ground. If you have revered these wires, or plugged the connect in such that when a switch is tripped Vcc is shorted to ground, then you efeectively take the Arduino and the RAMPs to 0 volts and no communications will happen. You can disconnect all of your endstops and see if you get communication. If not, then something else is shorting.

-Jay
October 07, 2013 05:23PM
Thats what I did, disconnected all the end-stops but still the same damn thing. The company I ordered the kit from sent me the settings-ready marlin firmware and its uploaded on arduino. It connects to Repetier-Host but no commands are given successfully. Nothing moves. Pronterface never connects.

Athena
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login