Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with slicer. Please help!

Posted by Bigq30 
Issues with slicer. Please help!
December 27, 2013 01:41AM
Hi I recently built a Prusa i3 from Makerfarm and suddenly ran into an issue with what I believe to be my slicer. I was able to print the calibration cube that came with the ramps software but I am now having issues printing everything. Please take a look at the video as it'll show my issue clearly. I am currently using the most updated versions of Pronterface and slic3r. Any help would be fantastic!

[youtu.be]
Re: Issues with slicer. Please help!
December 27, 2013 04:16AM
This is mostly likely that you haven’t tuned your stepper current on you X axis steppers

So you don’t have enough current and you X axis is skipping

For pololus see [reprap.org]

The math is different for different stepper drivers and steppers.

Or you could just turn it up a fraction (no more that 1/8th of a turn ) and try it. As long as your steppers aren’t over heating or vibrating
December 27, 2013 11:24AM
Unless you have fiddled with the pots on the stepper drivers, they should be set fine on a MakerFarm kit. Do not mess with them unless you have a DVM to set them properly. The pots are very sensitive and it's *very* easy to mess up the settings.

Check the set screws on the gear that drives the X belt. I suspect they are not tight enough and the gear is slipping.
December 28, 2013 03:26PM
Looks like it's skipping steps, but at the same time, it seems weird where it is placing a second layer with nothing underneath, even if the layers were aligned over each other properly. Could you post the gcode file? If you like I could give it a go just to make sure that part it ok.
January 02, 2014 09:15AM
Check the set screws attaching the X-axis pulley to the motor.
Check Belt tension and also path - make sure it is not catching someplace.
Finally, as suggested above carefully adjust the stepper driver current. Your motor
should not get hot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login