Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configuration help

Posted by Ruthless Raptor 
Configuration help
January 12, 2014 09:23PM
Hi RepRappers. I'm pretty new to all of this, so laymans terms would be appreciated. I finally managed to set-up the hardware firmware and software. The first issue I encountered was thermistor. Pronterface was tellnig me there was something wrong with my heat readings. I checked the thermistor, and sure enough it was giving faulty readings.
After disconnecting the thermistor and changing the thermo cnonfig settings to 0, I managed to get it working. I can move all the axis with no issues, however when I tried to home any of the axis, it would find home and then attempt to keep moving further. The only way to stop it from pushing against the edge is restarting the software and hardware. I thoguht this was an issue with the range of the axis being further than what is physically there (i,e 250 as opposed to 200), and I found that this was actually the case in config. It was trying to move firther than it was able to go, but after changing the config to 200. the issue still remains. I'm wondering if maybe I didn't change the configuration properly. What is the actualy process to get that onto the motherboard? Do I need to upload the firmware again or can I just edit the file?

I should also add i'm using Marlin firmware

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2014 09:24PM by Ruthless Raptor.
Re: Configuration help
January 12, 2014 10:02PM
Are you sure you have the endstops hooked up correctly? Meaning x-endstop on the x-axis... y-endstop on the y-axis... Try pressing other endstops when you home a certain axis.
January 12, 2014 10:15PM
That does seem like a likely issue. I'm actually doing all this on behalf of someone else (not very technologically adept), who owns the machine and put it together, so I don't the the exact situation of the endstops right now, but I'll check it out tonight.
This is a question I really want answered. Do I need to reinstall the firmware after changing the configuration? Or is it as simple as editing the file and saving it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2014 10:21PM by ruthlessraptor.
January 12, 2014 11:56PM
I'm not the most qualified to answer this question at this point (not going to lie), but I'm certain that only saving it will not make any changes. You must reinstall the firmware once you have saved your changes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login