Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home Location Help Needed

Posted by jaxonday 
Home Location Help Needed
June 13, 2014 04:37PM
I have a self made RepRap with a 12 X 6 heated build platform, RAMPS 1.4, Arduino Mega running Marlin. I made it where the X axis is the build platform. When my printer is in home position the build platform obviously is offset to one side. Is their a setting in Marlin that I can set for the X axis to move like 152mm automatically so the bed looks centered after homing?

Thanks.
Re: Home Location Help Needed
June 13, 2014 11:00PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't home be 0,0,0 ?
June 14, 2014 12:56PM
It is. Because my build platform moves on the x when it homes to 0,0,0 the bed is not centered on the machine its off to the left. Its pure aesthetics but I would like after it homes to 0,0,0 for it to move the X axis 152mm. I have it added to slic3r to do that after prints but I want it after I send a home command. Really I want to home then have it park. I know you can set a park position after pause for filament changes during a print in Marlin, but what about a park after home?
June 16, 2014 01:29PM
if it is just to park after it prints, you could add the to the ending G-code in your slicer program. something like G0 x152 that would park it where oyu want it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login